MacFatro - Fatbike news and builds thread

The Ken":3cl9kuaw said:
"but should you find yourself wanting for more we've handily included a direct-mount front derailleur adapter for an affordable and easy way to add an extra chainring up front."

Although it doesn't say it is a granny you can add.

Ach, just get it ordered. You can find out the details in good time! :LOL: :LOL:

I still keep looking at that bargain of a charge too, also concerned about top tube length on the caribou, full inch longer than the norm for the size. Decision not made yet :)

The Ken":cy82gn3e said:
I still keep looking at that bargain of a charge too, also concerned about top tube length on the caribou, full inch longer than the norm for the size. Decision not made yet :)

Shorter stem, job done.

Cant you now get 10 speed cassettes with a 42T sprocket for bottom gear. An 11-42T cassette would surely give you every gear you could ever need.

Alternatively for 135mm OLN offsett dropouts there are those 3 speed SA hubs with 9 speed freehubs attached allowing 27 gears at the back with single chainring at front.

Sorry fired about the photy bit but it is true, Fatbikes are pictured alot. Tend to get a bit rolling of the eyes when folk take 20 pics of there bike when a couple would do.

If only I had a spare grand to spend. I'd stop my loony home builds if the price of a fat bike dropped below the cost of a fatbodge but thats a long way away at the moment.

Dam it !!!!!

Itchy trigger finger just bought a pair of 65mm wide single skin alloy 36 spoke rims from Robsson.de in Germany. Mind you at £70 the pair delivered thats no bad even if they're a wee bit heavy being undrilled.

Fat biking is a disease, chronic and financially wasting :LOL:

lol nice one V.

Having seen clubby, FFTC and Jamie riding theirs I'm beginnning to get an itch that needs scratched for a fat bike for winter etc.

might be my xmas for later this year and a present to self as a welcome back to riding.

mind you the wife says i need a new hut afore any more bikes!

Latest posts

Back