MacFatro - Fatbike news and builds thread

I think its a breath of fresh air to be in a Fatbike thread thats short of pictures. On UKFatbikes they're photo trigger happy, oh goody yet another photo of yet another surly fat bike with countryside in the background, how utterly original :facepalm:

I'm ignoring the Puffin as that is single speed - an area I am never going to look at. I love the nicolai but I can't justify the price of that at all.

The limted edition Pug Ops with the amberwall nates is lovely too

Rotor shim for my new forks finally came this morning while I was out riding, 2 weeks after forks arrived (it's been a long wait since xmas!).
Would be in shed all afternoon, but had already agree'd to go with Sharron to get her new specs. Can only hope she can't be arsed after she gets home from work soon.

Called in at the LBS this lunchtime, they should be able to get the genesis from next week. Mmmmmm...... choices.

velomaniac":uxz8x6lg said:
I think its a breath of fresh air to be in a Fatbike thread thats short of pictures. On UKFatbikes they're photo trigger happy, oh goody yet another photo of yet another surly fat bike with countryside in the background, how utterly original :facepalm:

Saucer of milk, table 2!

:LOL:

Didn't realise that the Genesis is 1x10. :facepalm: As Clubby has said, that could be limiting if you intend to see some coastal action! And living in Scotland, why buy a fatbike if you don't?
that would leave you in the same boat as the On-One wanting to stick gears on the front!

Still, looks great. :LOL:

b-caribou.jpg

caribou_11.jpg

It is only a case of adding a chain ring, direct mount front mech and shifter, all of which I have lying around.

And just for some inspiration here are more utterly original photos of yet another surly fat bike with countryside in the background. :LOL:

0d9a9d62-5e61-4577-9374-778ba5292abe_zps1185d051.jpg

IMGP0614_zps640ee796.jpg

IMGP0602_zpsfb89da40.jpg

:p

The Ken":22cya8ah said:
It is only a case of adding a chain ring, direct mount front mech and shifter, all of which I have lying around.

Ah, the crank might take a granny ring but then you would possibly be into tyre clearance issues. With fatbikes it seems nothing is ever quite as simple as it might seem. There will be a way around it though, and if you have half the gear needed..........

"but should you find yourself wanting for more we've handily included a direct-mount front derailleur adapter for an affordable and easy way to add an extra chainring up front."

Although it doesn't say it is a granny you can add.

Back