MacFatro - Fatbike news and builds thread

velomaniac":1hu0hv3b said:
You'll never get an MOT if you fit a lefty to a Volvo :shock:

Har har, har de har har :LOL:
e14556.gif

Eck, your F800 is a wee bit newer than my F700. Maybe I should sell it and get a disc frame.
e14534.gif

You buying TK?

New or s/h?

What's your budget?

Lots of options around now or very soon, and a Pugsley would not be top of my list unless it was s/h at a very good price!

Tyres on the on-one look better. And brakes too.

Hub spacing on the on-one is 170 rear, 135 front. Charge is 135 offset rear, 135 front (which I think means this might be good IF you ever fancy dropping a standard 29er rim/tyre in there IF there is room and doing the half-fat thingy).

Charge frame is Tange Infinity! Nice.

Also, the rims on the Charge are pre-drilled which is nice too.

Never likely to put 29ers on it ZZ,

Budget is around 1k so both fit, from what I've seen, charge is 4 lbs heavier for the medium but the geometry says I only need a small there so weight won't be too much difference as I need a medium fatty. There seems to be loads of options on rear end but I do prefer straight tubes. Fatty ain't available until end of feb though as a full build. the Vee tyres on the charge don't get great reviews.

2nd hand is an option - saw an almost new pug ops for 1300 locally (cupra on singletrack) but that might have sold by now, looked at the fat boy but that is way out of my price range.

No brand awareness or loyalty. throw other ideas in there if you want.

Back