Lockdown Health Rides!

Piperdave

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Hi all,

dont visit as much as I might, sorry.

I did think, though, I would ask how everyone is coping, and if people are still getting out. I am going out in a min, and will post some pics of an exercise ride later. Maybe we all would like to do this!

Anyway, stay safe and keep pedalling....

D

Re:

I feel safer on the bike than out walking.People tend to get out of your way when you are on the road. When you are walking they just come at you and dont really care how close they get.

A farmer so classed as a key worker so still working,we have 1180acre so when I next have a day of I’m going out in a decent loop round the farm

Re:

Been out on the roads last two days, lovely weather, fewer cars than normal, and more cyclists, walkers and runners than you’d expect mid week, mid day. Good vibes, lots of smiles and hellos, but pretty easy to maintain a cautious distance.

Gutted I haven’t made it to Haldon recently - heard last night they’re officially closed now...

Thinking about going out with my daughter this afternoon, wondering how acceptable it is to drive out to a family friendly route... can’t see any real reason not to.

Just got in (key worker, but on AL this week!).

The new forest has dried out considerably in the last week. Quite a few people out and about, but most were happy to stay out of my way :)

Re:

My only concern with going out for a ride yesterday was that some of my usual routes involve some narrow tracks - not exactly single-track but narrow - and that I wouldn't be able to keep a safe distance from anyone coming the opposite way. So, I stuck to the very quiet country lanes and tractor-width farm tracks and felt much better for it. It's great to get out but with three high-riskers in the household (not me, btw) route-planning just needs a bit of thoughtfulness.

Re:

Well, I had a nice ride, roads were quiet , but the seafront was moderately busy. I saw a nice Diamondback, yellow, :cool: out on the promenade at Worthing, though didnt get a pic.

Sun was out, though there was a very brisk breeze.

All rides should end at the pub, and thus it was with this one. Sadly, it is closed due to nCovid19, and being decorated, :roll: but the thought was there.

Stay safe,

D

Re:

bluetomgold":rwgyhi58 said:
Thinking about going out with my daughter this afternoon, wondering how acceptable it is to drive out to a family friendly route... can’t see any real reason not to.
My_Teenage_Self":rwgyhi58 said:
Quite a few people out and about, but most were happy to stay out of my way :)
CassidyAce":rwgyhi58 said:
My only concern with going out for a ride yesterday was that some of my usual routes involve some narrow tracks - not exactly single-track but narrow - and that I wouldn't be able to keep a safe distance from anyone coming the opposite way.

I've only quoted a few post here to highlight what we are all tying to do, but how the futile it is compared to what I witnessed today - please see my last post here:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=383032&start=170

Pip

Re:

Today was day 14 of my self isolation after having returned from Italy. Had no symptoms during the two weeks. Yay, finally allowed out, and so lucky for it to be on my bike. My 2001 Rock Lobster was by now, super spick and span having spent a fair bit of my isolation 'bimbling' it. So good to ride off into our local wood for a few hours, on such a glorious day. Somewhat lonely on my own, but hey ho.

When we were in Italy, we walked past one possible source of the 'bug', as advertised in the photo. A giggle at the time, but little did we know that we would be in lockdown the following morning. Getting out of Italy was somewhat stressful. Involved getting a medical, a permit to travel, and a taxi to the outskirts of a small border village with Austria, then a walk to a road block, only to be initially refused entry into Austria (that morning having bought some flights leaving Innsbruck). The border police, not expecting 'refugees' on foot with baggage, threatened to have us quarantined, but finally agreed for us to get a taxi from the border, but only to take us through Austria, to Germany, without stopping in Austria. This meant we would miss our Innsbruck flight and have to purchase a Munich flight, if available. We ended up buying three extra flight routes to get out.

Attachments

• la flu 20.jpg
    la flu 20.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 1,456
Todays Physio ride from the back gate. The car-park in the woods I ride past isn't as busy as normal but a lot of people are still driving there to walk, run, walk their dogs or ride. Forestry Commision have closed most of their pay & display car-parts but the free one here is still open - would need signage & a log dragging across the entrance to close it. Mixed info - seen one minister quoted as saying that driving within locale acceptable but also reports of 2 police forces saying it's not. I'm in the 'not' camp. The more people are seen to be doing it the more it will be thought to be acceptable & we're back to the pre-lockdown footfall & difficulty to keep our distance.

003-26mar20.jpg

Back