L'Eroica Britannia 2015

• Thread starter Deleted member 24574
  • Start date
It was my 1st time and have to say loved it, I'd done know where near enough work for the 55 mile ride and was one of those that did a bit of walking but not in the middle of the road :)

And to top it off I won best in class and best in show with my bike

Will deff be back next year.

Maca":3jvp05up said:
It was my 1st time and have to say loved it, I'd done know where near enough work for the 55 mile ride and was one of those that did a bit of walking but not in the middle of the road :)

And to top it off I won best in class and best in show with my bike

Will deff be back next year.

Nice one.

I think we spoke in the parade ring, did you have that Panasonic replica?

I never saw the finals as we had dinner booked.

Re:

Great weekend,
Great company and many magnificent machines.
Nice to meet members from here. Congratulations to Macca for his best in show, that Raleigh is a work of art.
Now looking forward to next year! :D

Maca":2cf3gu56 said:
yeah that was me. it was great weekend wasn't it.

It was indeed, is there a build thread on here for your bike as I'd love another look.

Re: Re:

Montello":v6q37yyx said:
Here are my photos of the weekend ... a personal view ... there was plenty of other stuff going on ...
luvvin the blue n orange campervan. Is it yours?

Re: Re:

Montello":21wla7gn said:
Event was superb; better than last year in all aspects apart from the weather which no-one can control.

ian.r.mcdonald":21wla7gn said:
Malcomlm Elliot and Brian Robinson rode- how good to be on the same stretch of road!- in many ways better organised than Italy- looking forward to nexy year already

Mashed my way round the 100 route; almost an identical route to last year.

Only passed twice; once by some guys in matching Cycles Goff jerseys, just before the first food stop, I left before them and never saw them again although I was expecting to ...

The only other person who passed me was some older guy with white hair in full Peugeot kit with #5 on his back... he was making very good progress; held his wheel for a bit before I let it go ... I wonder if this was one of the celebrity riders given the low number ...

Missed the Dakota fly past which came at 2 rather than the 3 that the programme said so could have gone a bit easier ...

It was a cracking weekend and the food stops were incredible again ..

I was overwhelmed by some of the beautiful bikes it really was retro/vintage nirvana :)

My only minor gripe was lack of coffee outlets :eek:

Team Goff were unlucky with 3 punctures and few mechanicals.. All part of the fun :)

https://flic.kr/p/u76xKg

Back