Klosch - an accidental project…

This project has stalled temporarily while I search for a suitable bottom bracket. It came with a 113mm Shimano with Italian cups, but that's far too short for the XT crank I intend to use. I bought another cheap bb to assess the situation and figured I need somewhere around 128mm. Could anyone advise of somewhere I could find such a BB spindle? Being Italian it needs to be that touch longer between bearings.

This is it so far, it's up + about and a quick ride around the park to check and all is well. Spec so far;
Klosch Columbus tube frame and forks
Ritchey Vantage sport rims on LX M550 hubs with Schwalbe City jet 1.95 tyres
XT M735 rear mech
XT M735 U brake
XT M732 thumb shifters
LX M550 front mech
LX M550 crank
M700 levers
Deore DX headset
Sakae Low fat pedals
Ritchey Vector seat
Unknown post, bars and grips.
Elite bottle cage

The pedals are slippy and the grips look out of place. I need the centre caps for the crank arms and some plugs for the bars. The bottom bracket is a bit short so the chain line is less than ideal but I won't be using the granny ring - all the gears I selected work fine and chain line is ok so maybe I'm just overthinking it. I also need to figure out why the valves have moved, I have this issue on another bike and it drives me crazy.

Anyway - I absolutely LOVE it! Great handling, comfortable, looks cool. Luckily the bars sit just right as there's next to no adjustment. I will be using it, there's no doubt about that. Hopefully one day this week I'll get a dry afternoon to do a few more miles on it.

Attachments

• IMG_5214.jpeg
    IMG_5214.jpeg
    923.5 KB · Views: 4
Looks fab! Loving the paint and the bullmoose bars. Great job 👍. I think I need a bullmoose bike after seeing a couple in here recently.

Best (or worst) thing about the paint is just how many scratches there are, look at the seat stay for example, that someone has touched up with blue paint then also gone to the effort of painting white lines on it too. Never had bullmoose bars before and probably never would have chosen to but yeah, I'm amazed they just fit so well.

Back