complete front end.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 1,802
  • bar stem assembly.jpg
    bar stem assembly.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 1,800
  • kona decal.jpg
    kona decal.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 1,802
mayhem wise i always take several bikes, in the 10 man team i figure including practise lap i'll do maybe 4 or 5 laps so i'll bring 5 bikes minimum that way if it utterly pisses down i don't have to wash a bike!! :LOL: (until the weekends over anyway!)

i'm gonna take it for a spin tomorrow, and for the record, THIS IS A RIDER!!!! IT WILL GET RIDDEN!!! EVEN IN THE WINTER!! YES!! IN MUD!!!

:D

stunning jon.......i feel a bike is more 'characterful' with original paint until i see a well done respray like that.....very nice!.....

well the idea with this one was to be as original as possible with in reason.

when i first owned this bike i bought it as a frame only then the following year bought the p2 (i was running mag20's) and i had it built with mostly m900 at the time, the pic on the first page shows the bike as it was.

so when i bought it back from kev (the guy i sold it to) i just rebuilt it with m900 xtr but i decided i'd respray it when i felt it needed it. the paint job i have had done by Bob Jackson Cycles is pretty close to the original, Gil M did the decals which are so close to the originals that the bike does look "right", technically the bike should have suntour xc pro but i had it with xtr back in the day so that's how i wanted it.

i'm really pleased with how it turned out and i know it will ride nice, just need to give it a good spanking tomorrow now :D

I'm inspired to get my 91 Explosif made over now - I think I'm going to do the catalogue purple though. How much did the Bob Jackson paint cost in the end - PM me if you prefer.

little update :D

as i had been building my proflex and p7 today i needed to steal some parts from my E3, i didn't mind doing this as the E3 is a non rider at the mo because the l/h m900 gear shifter has died. it gave me the opportunity to have the m900 q/r's and the silver rings which i think look nicer than the black middleburn rings for this build, also i nicked the blue ano bolts and fitted some bar ends.

i realise that this is not a totally period build but frankly i don't care, all my bikes get ridden so finding stuff that works and in useable condition is more important than finding the exact part to me. but all of the parts on the bike look in keeping with the style of the original parts.

anyway here's the updated pics :D

Attachments

• explosif side view.jpg
    explosif side view.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 1,217
  • explosif rear side.jpg
    explosif rear side.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 1,217
Back