Kona Explosif back from the painters! 24/03/11

As the 92 range had the two tone colour fade to silver grey how about your glitter black fade to silver grey, with silver forks.

rc200ti":2rptv1np said:
As the 92 range had the two tone colour fade to silver grey how about your glitter black fade to silver grey, with silver forks.

Sorry to be a Konerd, two tone was '93. ;)

right, update question!! :D

the frame is boxed up! leaving tomorrow for Bob Jackson, with the fork and a velocity stem.

i have decided to go for gloss black, and if they can do it, a glitter finish aswel, so it should be very similar to how it was originally.

the question is, should i have the fork and stem glittered aswel or leave them just black?

i have a few days to decide, as they won't receive it till tuesday.

gents i need your wisdom ;) :D

matching i'd say

du-pont imron is i think the nasty but lovely paint that was banned

FWIW (probably very little!) I vote matching. A contrasting colour be OK but if forks "plain" black" then sort of look as if don't quite belong somehow.

My two penneth....
if you'd gone for gold or a splatter on bright colour I'd have said plain black but for black with silver spark I'd do the fork matching. Stem not so important...I'd probably go plain black on the stem. Just my opinion.

Hi bud,
just discovered your thread :D , i have enlcosed a couple of photo's of my cindercone and explosif..hope they can give you an idea..and not confuse you..i am after another explosif and fancy doing it "klein lime green" or light green metalic..

My forks are gloss black on the cindercone and powder black on the explosif..with corresponding stems matching.

Look forward to the finished product ;)

Ernie ;)

Attachments

• photo 071.jpg
    photo 071.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 1,653
  • photo 130.jpg
    photo 130.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 1,653
I have a 1992 Explosif, I have owned it from new LOL I was 15 back then and I worked bloody hard to buy it.
I was riding it to work every day untill 2008 when I brought a brand new trek 8500. The Trek is awsome and now the Kona feels too small length ways also the front feels low.
I am not sure if I should rebuild to single speed with longer stem or just sell and move on ?
Whats a nice bike of this type worth ? I.E. is it worth me doing ?

Latest posts

Back