Kona CinderCone and Hahanna

Still looks nice ! Colour pops I used to sign write vans etc using some masking tape to get it where you want it helps before taking the backing off. Also the wet method works well. 😎

I was impatient when I got the frame back and rushed it lol. I didn’t read Gil’s fitting instructions and assumed the tube decals were spaced on the backing. Lesson learned.
What’s the wet method?

You peel the back off get a spray bottle one drop of washing up liquid and the rest water spray the sticky side (yes I know this sounds crazy) then you can actually slide the decal into the perfect position. Then it’s clean rag or a squeegee to push the moisture out. Followed by a heat gun if needed. We had to get the signs perfectly straight on the vans / trucks this was the best method for us.

Seems counterintuitive getting the sticky side wet but I’ll try that next time. How did you get on with the GT?

I know it sounds crazy but it’s quite common in motocross graphics they use window cleaner! The gt was too damaged headstock was cracked in about 4 places. Had to have a break from buying for the jump bike my hours have been cut unfortunately ☹️but I’ll be back buying parts soon.

Not too sure I’ve done about 50 sets of mx graphics mine and customers in the past I found doing it on a built bike and not just the frame or plastics you get an eye for where you want them. Each to their own I wouldn’t be to critical they look good imo

Back