Kirk Precision any value?

from a technical point of view 100% yes, as to a monetary proposition that depends on the purchase price and condition.

Re:

I think considered opinion is that Precisions either broke very early on or were OK.

They are supposed to be quite collectable but I guess value is always a relative thing.

If you want a rare, interesting and unusual bike, then I would say £250 is cheap.

Not that many about from the first batch . Collector wise always a talking point .Design wise pure out the box thinking but the wrong material / metal used .

Steal at £250 imho for a complete bike . Bring it out on dry sunny days only .

The road version were all marked First Edition!
The only one thats is a sort of First edition is the ATB one. The first version (very rare) of the ATB had the same frame as the road version (with the chain stays on the BB) the 2nd version of the ATB frame which is by far the most common has the chain stays attached higher up on the seat tube.
This one looks in good condition! if it is then I would say £250 just for the frame & forks is cheep.
Whats the rest of the components on the bike??

Re:

Components look like Suntour to me. Sadly not Superbe/Superbe Pro, but Suntour is still nice stuff and again makes the bike an interesting talking point.

Before you even think of buying one of these things, one needs to ask if the rear brake bridge is intact with no cracking or even loose.

If it has faults on the brake bridge carry on walking.

Back