Just about to be Tango'd..... Orange P7 single speed!

Re:

Worried a bit that this would be too big, it's a 17" to top, but stand over seems fine and anyway it's basically going to be a road going bike...

I had a smaller Clockwork (hence the handle on here....) from the same year, but to be honest it was always a bit TOO small even for me. Went off all things Orange for a very long time after several really bad examples of their work passed through my hands, including that first Clockwork, that had misaligned V brake bosses, misaligned forks, then came an Airo that was basically a total horror story and should never have got past Quality Control....

This, however, has started to restore my faith...nothing out of shape or misaligned, no facing needed to head tube or BB shell, not full of sand blast from painting or welding detritus....

Must have been a Monday morning bike!! :LOL:

Re: Just about to be Tango'd.....

Wow was the airo that bad? My mate used to have one as a jump bike circa 2000 and it was a solid beast!

I originally picked up my P7 for 'her indoors' but it's never going to happen, she won't ride it - likes the TV too much and we have a 7 week old now...it's a shame she doesn't want as it's in such nice condition, very similar to yours! I can always measure it tomorrow and send you some pics if you may fancy a swap?

No worries if you're happy with your one, mine will be going up for sale once it's re-built (all the components are a bit grubby so it's going to be a little clean up job) I was just thinking the other day.... Hmmmm, I wish you were a bit bigger and I'd keep you for myself!

Re:

Damn!! I just spent all day waxoyling and cleaning it.... :facepalm: :LOL:

I'll stick with this one as it seems so good, but if you want to PM me a price for your frame I might consider it as a back-up-spare-you-never-know-when-you-might-need-it type thing, although really I would only ever want that role to be filled by another Kona... :roll:

Airo was horrific, one of the first off the production line I think, I literally read about the prototype in Dirt mag and ordered one from Mark Anthony, but it was full of weld bits and shot blast, had been painted more than once, wasn't aligned properly, etc, etc...dealt with Lester whotsit direct and got some of my money back, but was a fool as should have dealt with Mark Anthony direct, not Orange.... :facepalm:

Good luck with the babby!! :D

Re: Just about to be Tango'd..... Orange P7!! :)

Ha! I have the whole bike also - full original spec apart from the saddle! :)

Re:

I've got one of those, same year, same size and same colour! For extra lightness, mine is now single speed. Ridden at least once a week. Keep up the good work.

Re: Re:

andyz":ufkhsj99 said:
I've got one of those, same year, same size and same colour! For extra lightness, mine is now single speed. Ridden at least once a week. Keep up the good work.

Ha, thanks chap! Looking at the ratio on the road rear block, it practically equates to a single speed, which is what appeals I think... :facepalm:

Back