How long has everyone been riding?

Couple of people have mentioned BMX at Derby - is that the track I go past at Alvaston on my commute to work (near the river)?

derbybmxbd7.jpg

my old cdt teacher was gonna help me build a frame then i moved oop north and had to let that dream go :cry:

would of been cool to ride at school,i had to do our x cuntry on treader after school,was a top route tho :D

orange71":2lena4im said:
Couple of people have mentioned BMX at Derby - is that the track I go past at Alvaston on my commute to work (near the river)?

To be honest I can't remember. Dad used to take me and a few mates down in the back of an old Merc van with no windows :? Was great fun but no idea where it was.
Highlight was going to the Rhode Island Diner afterwards for a feast, they did the worlds best half pound Bacon cheeseburgers and a desert called Mississippi mud pie- loads of hot chocolate fudge sauce on it, mmmmmmmmmmmm I can taste it now :LOL: Happy days!

How bout this for rags to riches...
14 YOA - Peugot Ranger 15 speed
15 YOA - Emmelle Dolomite 18 speed
16 YOA - Team Marin 21 speed (Syncros Cattleprod, Bullseye Hubs, Mavic MA40MB rims, Magura Hydrostop brakes, SPD's (1st model...whichever that is))
17 YOA - Funk Pro Comp 21 speed (gripshift, campag group)
18 YOA - Funk out, Car in.....Boohoo

Riding Mountain bikes 19 years now....but i confess with a gap for women and cars in between.....back with a vengeance in the last few years though...(However, maintaining an interest in women & cars of course)...

I think my first mountain bike was a raleigh marauder in 1989,then i had a giant coldrock in 1990 when i started my saturday job in a bike shop,so thats 18 years some years racing and some just the old sunday,but 1991-1998 i cycled to work every day,and i raced malvens for 4 years.Now i`m cycling to work again :D and i love it.

how long have i been riding? since god was a boy! :D must be 20 years in one form or another but i haven't had a break but don't get as much time now! :(

'adapted' my road bike in my pre-teens to ride off road, got my first MTB when I was 14, so that was.... 1988. Riding MTBs now for 20yrs, raced from '90-95'. Kept my hand in throughout 90's but then lost touch really from 2000 onwards. Now ride for shits and giggles more than fitness.

Started mountain biking in 89 on a Specialized Hardrock, raced various bikes until 2001, then had a seven year rest, just getting back into it as family life, fast cars and beer all got in the way ;) , now get the family involved - loving it. Still like fast cars and Beer though.

I've been riding mountain bikes on and of for years.

1985 - 2000 with a gap of about a year around 1991 Then I started again about 2006.

Still love it, but it's frightening five or six year off the bike can screw up your fitness!

KIDS! who'd have 'um? :roll:

Back