How long has everyone been riding?

Re: how long mtb

jacks2ts":33x77f0d said:
it depends on wha you define mtb . i remeber when i was 11 or 12 getting an lod raliegh 5 speed hammering the forf's straight , fitting some T bar handle bars and knobbly tyres and went tracking . i'm 41 now so thats like 30 years or did me and me mates invent mtb,ing . i did claim in MBUK in 1994 that we had .

Well, if you're on that line, when I was 11 or 12 (late 50's) me and my mates all stripped down our 'Triumph Palm Beaches' and the like, put a fixed wheel on, fitted old motorbike handlebars and Avon Skidway (cycle speedway) tyres and hammered around all the local woods, tips quarries etc. With only one brake - none on one bike - life was a bit hazardous to say the least!

Road 1965(retired)
Motorcycle 1975(retired)
Mtb 1995 (til now)

Having more fun now than I ever did :D

Started properly getting into it as a kid late 92 early 93 doing lots of riding especially in the holidays, and spending my pocket money on MBi/MBUK and later MTB Pro when it came out. Kept going and trying to save for a new bike, which turned into the Kilauea in late 95.

Continued cycling all through school (finished school 2000) then turned into a lazy, excessive drinking, smoking layabout! :LOL:

Got back into it last year through my wife who wanted to buy a bike to keep fit. Loved being back in a bike shop again and got talking to the salesman who told me where the good riding spots were. Also changing jobs and starting to commute by bike a year ago helped a lot. After a year of that and a few months of being dragged kicking and screaming to the gym at lunchtime Mon-Thur I'm actually starting to feel reasonably fit again. :D

Back