Grisley Glacier

parkes9

Dirt Disciple
I saw a Grisley Glacier in my local bike shop several months ago and tried to interest a friend in it. He didn't bite. It lay there unloved and not wanted and the owner's son was threatening to strip it down and sell the frame. I kept going in to see it and asked why no one was interested in it for it was a beauty. I have a Dahon folding bike and, while it was nice to ride, the lure of a classic mountain bike was getting too much for me. I Googled 'Grisley Glacier' and got this website and the bike shown in a post had a frame identical to the bike I'd seen in the bike shop. I went back to the shop and bought the bike. It has a lot of modern bits on it like 'V' brakes and Shimano EZ Fire combined brake & gear levers. I added a Specialized saddle and Shimano M324 clipless pedals then got the tyres changed from centre rib to Schwalbe City Jets and the monkey bars changed to riser bars (just a small rise). I transferred my computer from the Dahon and now it is ready for the bike paths and anywhere that takes my fancy - weather, work and time permitting. BTW I am 62 and love getting out on the bike whenever I can.

Excellent stuff, I only ever saw one grisley bike, a full suspension design with marzocchi zokes on the front.

Any pics?

And welcome to here. :cool:

I have tried to put photos on to my gallery but it won't let me. Is there a problem with the server? I'm going to try to upload a couple here.

Thanks for the tip. I can't wait to get out on it. Work and weather among other things have got in the way.

I managed to get out for a short ride to get the gears adjusted and check the riding position. It's nice to have a quill stem. The bike was superb (pity about the engine!). I had to stop a couple of times to make adjustments and the gears are running sweetly. There is a ride on the Comber Greenway this Saturday and it will be just nice for it will be 20 miles long.

http://www.sustrans.org.uk/sustrans-nea ... r-greenway

Here are more photos of the bike. http://www.flickr.com/photos/13073434@N ... 026875601/[/url]

Latest posts

Back