Fake Chinese bike parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to be real into places like Chinertown and scoured the murky waters of Taobao. Was great fun.

I still love finding bargains and weird branded parts. I don't really like the knock off stuff, unless its the sort that make you giggle. I would still love a Chris Kong headset.

I've bought so much stuff from our friends at Aliexpress over the years. Some stuff you think will snap or be total tripe but have actually stood teh test of time. In fact, I've had so much success with stuff on there that I tend to gamble there anyway despite very little chance of recourse as a buyer.

The only bad experience I had was a frame from Airwolf. They were helpful but it is cost prohibitive to return things to China and therefore it became a wall ornament!

The Ingrid fakes look interesting and I saw them a while back too when looking for a hollowgram chainset. Has anyone tried them?
I may give them a go once my current batch of stuff arrives, I am building up a Chinese minivelo

I've bought so much stuff from our friends at Aliexpress over the years. Some stuff you think will snap or be total tripe but have actually stood teh test of time. In fact, I've had so much success with stuff on there that I tend to gamble there anyway despite very little chance of recourse as a buyer.

The only bad experience I had was a frame from Airwolf. They were helpful but it is cost prohibitive to return things to China and therefore it became a wall ornament!

The Ingrid fakes look interesting and I saw them a while back too when looking for a hollowgram chainset. Has anyone tried them?
I remember when the IXF cranks were starting to garner traction in the Filipino bike circles (usually them that end up doing the first longevity tests of Ali stuff as most of their bikes are built off ali bits) and it was getting shat on by people at MTBR, but a lot of the folks having a go actually ended up being unable to kill that crankset, they definitely stood the test of time. Still a brilliant bargain.

Lots of fake Mavic wheels on Aliexpress.

I bought some wheels recently through Ali, with Kinlin alloy rims and Powerway hubs. Seem decent ~1500g.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back