ever had a bike stolen?

Had my ink blue 1994 Zaskar LE with USE forks stolen from outside a newsagents in Maidenhead in 1997. I'd lived in Liverpool for three years and it had been fine, moved to MH and it was nicked within weeks. :roll:

That is the one bike I'd love to get back.

The git.

Had my marin palsades trail nicked from outside cotswold outdoor shop in southampton. Reported it to the police, used the insurance to buy a Zaskar. Assumed i'd never see it again then about 18 months later I see the son of a mate from work riding it up the road. So I pulled him of it and gave him a bit of a talking too and a little slap and took it of him and went to see his dad, who was really apologetic. Turns out he bought it from his mate who had nicked it in the first place.

1993 -
Trek 820 - stolen whilst on my paper round..

1994 -
Diamondback Ascent - stolen from my mates back garden along with a Marin Eldridge Grade and a Scott Super America

2007 -
Orange Sub 5 - stolen out of my woefully protected shed (like to them try now - In fact they did 2 months later and failed!!)

I hate bike thieves... :evil:

if you find them with your bike just kick the liven sh1t out of them then if you get arrested just say it wasn't me 9 times out of 10 the coppers gonna be on your side if not let know that you can recreate that mess again and again if you get charged they soon give up as its not worth the borther i think im a little ruff round the edges but im the same guy that then helps the little old lady down the road carry her shopping home and offers help if i see some one with a punchure while out. i believe that karma needs a helping hand some times :cool: :cool:

cannondale king":boklik7o said:
i believe that karma needs a helping hand some times :cool: :cool:

Yes it does. I wouldn't hesitate to use some of my martial arts training on the ****ers if they started getting wide.

had a couple nicked :cry:

GT karakoram elite, maguras and all sorts of trick bits - straight from works back yard.

KHS montana pro - one of the best handling bikes ever IMO ,full XT , at4 pro's and my first (and last) snowflaked front wheel -

along with =

Marin muirwoods (yeah - sounds shit but..........) full DX apart from Ultegra rear mech, drilled DX cranks, U-brake on the seatstays (custom fitted) and green granite paint finish - weighed a tonne but I miss it.

they took the roof off the shed to get these :evil:

Orange clockwork, black, manitou sport forks, STX kit, use, flite...........what a shame.

again straight from the shed

Univega FS700, basic with magura racelines - stolen from outside the dentists, probably the most expensive dental bill ever :?

few others too but these are the ones I miss

2 weeks ago some scrote nicked my '06 Orange 5 from the front room of my house. They got the keys off the worktop via the cat flap with a long stick.

CannondaleKing if I find the scrote, he'll have the Revelation forks we swapped, I'll let you have a piece of him ;)

Andy B":rpnvyfxs said:
2 weeks ago some scrote nicked my '06 Orange 5 from the front room of my house. They got the keys off the worktop via the cat flap with a long stick.

CannondaleKing if I find the scrote, he'll have the Revelation forks we swapped, I'll let you have a piece of him ;)

as long as i can make him bite the kerb while i kick the back of his head be nice to see him smile after that failing that il just smash his fingers up so much he never lifts a finger let alone a bike ;) :cool: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: i know its sick but im helping karma :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

retrobikeguy":35y1mm0p said:
had a couple nicked :cry:

they took the roof off the shed to get these :evil:

I know how you feel. My dads garage/workshop was broken into and ALL my bikes were stolen including a DBR Axis Team, Trek OCLV road bike and Roberts Low Profile :cry: They took all the tools and fishing gear too.

Fortunately they left the Lancia Delta Integrale Evo even though the keys were in the ignition :shock:

the second bike i had stolen was a shogun team issue bike(from mountain tamers for 900 quid full xt before i got to work on it) (prestige tubes very nice)custom white paintjob with tange shockblade forks ,tioga revolution cranksets,xt complete with every ti bolt you could get,mavic rear mech,control tech seat pin,local made 1 off custom carbon hubs with radial spoking front and snowflake rear wheels,was the only one i have ever seen and was my dream bike (cept of course my sannie),it was stolen while i was standing next to it on a sunday afternoon down a nearly deserted road,i am still pissed about it...still i did get a san andreas with the insurance money..1200 quid just for the frame.the insurance inspector asked me what i wanted to replace the stolen bike with. i told him i didnt want cash or a new bike i just wanted the one i sold my soul to build back .even had a gold use seatpost as well...hope the tosser broke his neck cos i run my brakes the other way round...left lever is the front brake just like the mbk tri bike i built once. :twisted:

Back