1997 Peugeot Energy 500

I like this...its a bit different and Shimano free ! How refreshing 👍...that Sachs stuff looks beautifuly made....the exposed bottom derailleur pulley tickles me ......want !

Thanks @Mickeyspinn, the Sachs stuff, especially the mechs, are very nice quality on a par with XTR and the shifters are imho better than the Gripshift of the time. No wonder Sram bought them out!

I stole everything off this to build up my Heckler, so have rebuilt it with mostly XT M750. This one rides better with a rigid fork so that's back on. DSC_0508.JPG DSC_0509.JPG DSC_0510.JPG DSC_0511.JPG DSC_0512.JPG

You've inspired me to do something with this one. Shamelessly bought for the mint XT kit it was carrying I didn't think about riding the thing!
Just which way to build it......

PXL_20201019_160432027.jpg

Shown as collected (after a dust down and tyres pumped) - catalogue spec and very low miles but unfortunately a little chain suck rash.

Another one on the list!

@Lucidone, nice to see another one, especially in original condition, tempted to find a pair of Wildgrippers for mine.
They make a nice bike, but are certainly underrated, get it ridden and let me know what you think. 👍 😁

Back