Do you want Windows 10-Yes ? No ?.

Re: Re:

Raging_Bulls":11h61xw0 said:
I only ever had one popup on one of my PCs, nothing after that because I went nuclear on the whole Windows Update system.
Right now all updates are disabled on my PC. I'm only manually installing security updates anymore, and even then only after reading the article on the Microsoft KnowledgeBase and checking several forums to make sure there's no telemetry or upgrade stuff hidden in the updates.

My gaming PC (on 8.1) currently isn't even aware that there is such a thing as Windows 10. The secondary PC and both laptops are now on Linux Mint.
On the gaming PC I have 6 or 7 more years until I need to switch over. If it weren't for Grand Theft Auto only running on Windows, I'd have installed Linux on the gaming PC as well.

For those wanting to avoid upgrading to Windows 10, I'd suggest Steve Gibson's Never10 application. This makes the necessary changes to the Windows registry to stop the upgrade from happening.
Of course you still need to be running 7 or 8.1 for it to work, if you're already on 10 it's too late.

@Dyna : If you too really don't want Win10, you may try to roll back to 8.1. There should be tutorials for that on Youtube.
It's not difficult, you just need to know where they hid the link/button. Personally I'd suggest backing up your personal data and doing a clean install of 8.1 though, those rollbacks always leave junk and can cause all kinds of issues. After the fresh install, use Never10 and you'll be good until January 10th, 2023.

Thanks alot for this advice mate as now my pc is no longer under threat and the reminders for windows 10 have thankfully gone and i don't know about you but i've clearly found my pc is running smoother and has actually quickened up on loading web pages so many thanks to you again for helping me out .

Cheers Ian ..

Re:

I'd never go back to anything older,Win10 runs lovelyh evn on my older hardware. Memory management is much improved in comparison and everything is quicker and smoother.

Don't know what you are all worried about. Oh and everything works fine.

Try it for a while.

I did try it that's wnhy i don't want it as it just over crowded my pc leaving next no memory and i didn't want everything that was on it either ..

Re:

There wasn't much on it and what do you mean by leaving no memory, drive space or the fact it looks like it is actually doing its job and using your memory RAM up (the compression store is doing its job there).

Other than Cortana, it doesn't have much else added to it compared to Win8.x.

Some of the new features coming are quite good. I still don't think they have nailed the start menu setup yet as I still prefer the full start and all apps to the slightly odd newer starts list in newer preview builds. But getting used to cortana (aka just a posher search box) to run the programming means you forget about it after a while.

Re:

To enable Cortana to provide personalized experiences and relevant suggestions, Microsoft collects and uses various types of data, such as your device location, data from your calendar, the apps you use, data from your emails and text messages, who you call, your contacts and how often you interact with them on your device.

Cortana also learns about you by collecting data about how you use your device and other Microsoft services, such as your music, alarm settings, whether the lock screen is on, what you view and purchase, your browse and Bing search history, and more.
"...and more."

We will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to protect our customers or enforce the terms governing the use of the services.
The Windows 10 Privacy Issues You Should Know About

Well i had half my disc space on my hardrive before loaded up and was left with 4%
after it loaded so maybe my netbook just has a small memory but at the end of the day i couldn't do anything without constant reminders to clean the harddrive and everything was running real slow and the system just kept on crashing and before you suggest that shouldv'e cleaned the hardrive i did that after i 1st encountered issues with it to no avail ..

JohnH":1jbhzvcc said:
To enable Cortana to provide personalized experiences and relevant suggestions, Microsoft collects and uses various types of data, such as your device location, data from your calendar, the apps you use, data from your emails and text messages, who you call, your contacts and how often you interact with them on your device.

Cortana also learns about you by collecting data about how you use your device and other Microsoft services, such as your music, alarm settings, whether the lock screen is on, what you view and purchase, your browse and Bing search history, and more.
"...and more."

We will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to protect our customers or enforce the terms governing the use of the services.

And Android and iOS etc do that as part of their integrated programs and 'helpfulness'.

JohnH":3jrgasyu said:

"...and more."

Now that's really nice of them to spy on you isn't it Ha! ..

Muddy paw":eqktanuu said:
Well i had half my disc space on my hardrive before loaded up and was left with 4%
after it loaded so maybe my netbook just has a small memory but at the end of the day i couldn't do anything without constant reminders to clean the harddrive and everything was running real slow and the system just kept on crashing and before you suggest that shouldv'e cleaned the hardrive i did that after i 1st encountered issues with it to no avail ..

That's fair enough, guessing the rollback backup and tempo downloads for installation wouldn't help. Clean should have sorted it normally, but must just be near the limit. Low hardrive space is never good. Tell my Android phones that :-(

I'd certainly ly move back then if it worked or stick a higher drive in if it was worth it.

Back