Do you want Windows 10-Yes ? No ?.

Re:

Run through the settings having a look. Goto updates and set it to update only from LAN and not help update other people just to make sure and set a time it can do them etc.

Get rid/turn of Cortana if you find you're not using it.
Let the computer settle over time and run a disc cleanup I guess.

See how it goes, it the future platform so may as well get use to it, especially as a gamer and the ability to use DitectX 12. So update your drivers as well if you can/need to.

Then get on with the games and ignore the bleak/sparse look Win10. Heck just run steam at the start in full screen mode thingy

First problem has appeared

W8- take pics, connect camera, upload pics to file, File in my pictures, easy to open and then use.
NEW WAY
W10
Take pics, connect camera, upload pics to file, file missing and no way i can find anything.
From taking a picture to posting it here is seconds.
Now, i cant even find the fking pictures ive apparently just uploaded. Ive been at this 5 mins and i think ive re uploaded them 3 times and still nothing is where it should be.

THIS is the type of interference im on about. My pics MUST be loaded such to allow microsoft access to them.

Another 5mins down the line and ive found them
New labling in place, like it fking needed that to be changed :facepalm: Folder not even titled like the others(fromW:cool:
Also downloads the entire contents of the camera, rather than with w8 which is obviously the lesser system but cannot distinguish pics already loaded.

For sure this eve ill join the MS site and have a good old fking moan :evil:

If you click on the little windows symbol on the bottom left of your screen there is a list pops up, from the small list click file explorer.....Bam.....then click on the icon that says 'pictures' :)
Simples :)

Now what you really wont like is when you go to use flickr :) :)
Flickr wont give you the code for BB's from the list as it just doesn't appear, all you get is a blank box. It certainly doesn't like Edge or windows 10. The trick here is when in Edge as your browser, click on the drop down at the top right of the page, should just look like three dots ( ... ) from that list just click ' open in windows explorer' and then the codes appear. The trick is, it uploads quicker from windows edge but for this forum the links only come on windows explorer, so have both open.
Its the future man !!!!!
Though it does take a while to get used to ;)

Jamie

Re:

Or just install chrome or wait for the updates to Edge that are coming (though no idea if it has solved it.) soon, must be as the provides are getting more an more targeted. End of July I would guess.

That or get flikr to fix their site.

Is that to fix the broken itunes ? :?

If you want duff technology, go to yahoo :LOL: nothing there works properly. Except the ad links of course.

Re:

Upgraded to W10 from W7 when it first came out. Less compatibility issues than W7 - running a very old copy of Macromedia Dreamweaver MX which was always crashing with W7. No such problems with W10.

So far it has been trouble free and very stable. The only (small) problem I had was an update which appeared to disable the Wifi until I enabled it again.

I like it.

Wash appily trundling along with win7, which I loved, best since XP, had a stint with vista that was crappy..had all updates turned off, all was good. Till the old laptop had had enough. New laptop has win10. Don't like it. Have removed a bunch of crap I don't need/want (that cortina thing, ugh). I want my win7 back.

Re:

For those still running Win7 or 8.1 and not wanting to upgrade : Microsoft has confirmed that they once again changed the behaviour of the "Get Windows 10" pop-ups.

In the past if you simply closed the pop-up window it would delay its attempt to upgrade your PC. You'd get the pop-up again on the next boot.
Now if you close it, you apparently explicitly AGREE to the upgrade.
Microsoft":w6t62d4y said:
If the customer wishes to continue with their upgrade at the designated time, they can click ‘OK’ or close the notification with no further action needed.
You'll not get another pop-up or anything anymore, you'll just turn on the PC one morning to find out that it's on Win10.

A lot of people are going to get upgraded to Win10 without their consent over the next 2 months.
I hope that MS doesn't extend the July 29th deadline for the free upgrade. 2 more months and all this madness will hopefully be over.

As for my personal feelings on the subject :

Attachments

• Tux smash Windows.png
    Tux smash Windows.png
    34.3 KB · Views: 570
Back