• I LOVE Gripshift - totally cool!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gripshift ok - not cool or uncool!

• I HATE GRIPSHIFT! UNCOOL!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ooo yeah forgot about the ability to trim the front mech, one of their main advantages. Some types come without this though and just have three indexed positions, I try and avoid these :)

gump":3i0aw1j1 said:
How uncool!!!!

These are shite. Think of it, I ride off road. I need to grip the bars hard so I don't die. I know, lets make turning handlebar grip!!!

Top idea not.

Also, lets make them really fat and not grippy when it gets cold and muddy. This way we can also bugger up your fave grip choice.

Even in my weeniest of days could never, ever, convince myself to get these.

Utter crap. Fine on some street tourer, no place on a proper bike. :evil:

ditto all of that. remeber the campag versions, lowest of the low ;)

gump":2w31d5xh said:
These are shite. Think of it, I ride off road. I need to grip the bars hard so I don't die. I know, lets make turning handlebar grip!!!
Also, lets make them really fat and not grippy when it gets cold and muddy. This way we can also bugger up your fave grip choice.

They don't go the whole length off the handle bar from the brake leve to the end???

You can still hold the normal grips.

Dunno if you mean fat as in a large diameter, they're just the same as the diameter of a grip.

Or fat as in long, I've never had a problem with fitting grips, I've fit everything on without problem. I've done rides in the middle of winter in the snow (yeah I know stupid idea!!) and still be able to twist the grip.

To be fair, when you have bar ends on it is a nightmare the whole grip is more or less the shifter.

Love Gripshift, come on feel the love :D

Oh yeah just been informed, purple is the national gay colour, purple ano still cool?

ah those big black tennis balls,had them on my tri bike back in 90, didnt hav ethemindexed right so checked the rear cogs visually and parked my bike into the back of a Triumph Acclaim.

mmm, had to love those 1" C-Dale headsets, no buckle in the front wheel, frame in half.

Absolute shite. Forged in the fires of hell by lucifer himself. Teams I raced on beat me into submission and made me use them. Racing in adverse conditions? Forget about it. Cables would gunk up during a race and that would be the end of your shifting. And if you fell in the slop and got your glove all muddy?

I wouldn't wish these on my worst enemy, and I'd rather reach down and wipe my ass with my hand than wrap it around a grip shifter ever again.

ameybrook":e38z1gzq said:
Absolute shite. Forged Racing in adverse conditions? Forget about it. Cables would gunk up during a race and that would be the end of your shifting. And if you fell in the slop and got your glove all muddy?

Wouldn't cables get gunked up regardless of the shifters you had?

And just don't fall off!!!

Gripshift is great! :D

they are great .

I especially liked the first ones in pink .

that was cool on your bike at a time when thumbshifters were still ruling .

Back