Breezer Beamer Project

Thanks to all for the replies.

I have a few projects ahead of this one, but it is the one I'm most looking forward to working on.

Have a clear picture of the finished bike in my head and already have a few of the parts to get me there.

As far as the paint goes...I am a stong believer in doing everything possible to keep it original...I'd rather have a few battle scars and touch-ups with OG paint than a shiny new spray job any day of the week.
(if you saw my Wicked before/after, you'd know what I mean)

My main worry on this one is a possible crack at the beam mount which repairing would do a number on the paint, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed until I pull the beam.

I'll post updates as they go...like all my projects, it'll probably take me twice as long and cost twice as much as I'd like, but in the end I'm sure it will be worth it. :)

Steve

Sore hands, but a smile on my face....

the old girl cleaned up pretty well:

breezerframeafter1.JPG

breezerframeafter2.JPG

breezerframeafter3.JPG

breezerframeafter4.JPG

can't wait to start the build not that it's back in form.

Steve

A couple of quick shots before I'm off to bed...couldn't wait to share.

Maybe not to everyones liking, but I couldn't be happier with the way it turned out.

breezerdone1.JPG

breezerdone3.JPG

I'll post up some detail shots and a few riding shots when I finally get a day off.

Steve

superb

i'm so jealous..i'm waiting for a Ritchey beam bike too! and that Breezer is so, so nice.....

b

nos beam waiting in a box!

Riding pics as promised:

breezeride2.JPG

breezeride3.JPG

breezeride5.JPG

breezeride7.JPG

breezeride8.JPG

breezeride9.JPG

breezeride10.JPG

Hard to believe a month ago this bike was pulling a kiddie trailer in a rough and tumble urban neighborhood...I think it's much happier now; I know I am.

Steve

Dirt Box":1ra26ybr said:
It's all about putting a smile on yer face, you're a long time dead. :cool:

Perhaps that's the real reason it's called a 'Beamer' ! :D

Nice one dude, -great to see this.

Re: superb

gingernuts/badger":1atafu4p said:
i'm so jealous..i'm waiting for a Ritchey beam bike too! and that Breezer is so, so nice.....

I couldn't agree more!! Incredible bike!!

It cleaned up beautifully, but one question is the beam mount cracked? Is that why there's no beam now, or is it because you've made it trialsy?

:shock:

i am staggerred at how well the frame cleaned up. good work

Back