Early 90s Raleigh Frames

Not fancy, but not gas pipe either.

Reynolds 501 is great for commuters, as its thicker walls (than 531, for example) mean that they handle knocks better, and the thicker tubes make the frames stiffer, if you want to put a rack on it, or if you are of the larger build.

You hit it on the head there. I'll not be getting lycra'd-up but will be doing some weekend cycling with the kids, maybe some commuting - or just trips close-by.
For that sort of use it's a 'nice' bike. Fast enough, light enough, easily looked after and a bit of a talking point...

This is my equivalent - better than a ‘beater’, but not fancy. Can lock it up outside the shops/pub but still makes me smile when riding it.

(It’s a Centurion Radius - Tange Inifinity, which seems to be Japanese for ‘501’. With a Suntour Radius groupset, just because it’s different).

IMG_3827.jpeg

This is my equivalent - better than a ‘beater’, but not fancy. Can lock it up outside the shops/pub but still makes me smile when riding it.

(It’s a Centurion Radius - Tange Inifinity, which seems to be Japanese for ‘501’. With a Suntour Radius groupset, just because it’s different).

View attachment 877261
That would be too fancy to lock up unattended for any length of time in my world

Back