Are you, or have you ever been a Retro div?

i stripped the paint off my first proper mountain bike. the paint i put on was pony. then i left the frame to rust.

i bought a GT. that was well divvy. then it got nicked and i bought another, despite hating the first...

Cuddly toys?

Ill admit it, I had one of those stupid cuddly toys taped to my bars/stem. Think Jez Avery at the time was doing something with his Etto helmet and bunny ears, thought id do the same, erm!!!!!!

I knew of a couple of lad that had drilled their crank arms and bars to save weight, screw that I thought!!

I resprayed my Raleigh Mustang to make it look like a zolatone Marin Palisades Trail! The only thing was that it looked nothing like it as the nearest colour that I could get was metallic grey.

To make the problem worse I upgraded all the parts on it to Shimano DX. The only thing that I couldn't upgrade was the BB. At the time I thought that it was a really cool bike as I was just starting out in the bike world. :oops:

Ever tried to fit a pair of high-rise super wide Azonic DH bars into a Syncros stem (non-hinged)? I have, using 2 large screwdrivers.

bought a new frame but the steerer on my forks were too long so cut the top and bottom off the head tube...

used a car ball joint splitter to pull a crank off!

alwaYS resisted the temptation to put stickers on to make it look like i had trick stuff.

my worst faux pas was beleiving everything i read in mbuk. i used 24 inch tubes to save weight and spent a weekend filing excess material off everything to save weight. should have just gone on a diet

Colouring my xt hubs and various bits and bobs in red and green marker pen for the 91 malvern hills classic [loads of people looking though] oh dear !

I had a Diamond Back Axis, painted it in black Hammerite. Then, when I couldn't get the bottom bracket out, a year or 2 later, I got pi$$ed off and cut the frame up with an angle grinder :oops:

My Rocky Mountain (erm... low end Saracen, actually :oops: )

Attachments

• Saracen 009 (Medium).jpg
    Saracen 009 (Medium).jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 1,057
Back