April BoTM 2009 - entries please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Balls...I have something VERY VERY leftfield in the 'oven' but it won't be ready for this month :cry: :roll:

neill

do spoof identities count? :D

my lime crosswork

Attachments

• ride in and out 002resized.jpg
    ride in and out 002resized.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 2,031
  • lime1.jpg
    lime1.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 2,031
  • lime2.jpg
    lime2.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 2,031
How about leftyfield.... :LOL:
My Cannondale Raven from 99. Updated with a Lefty fork from original spec, completed with Hope Mono4, XTR bits. I had a 98 Raven, the only bike i've regretted selling, so this was a superb chance to rectify that decision. The paint work in Chromalusion Purpleen which changes between purple and green depending on the light. Anyway the pics:

3414390622_6ece41af05_b.jpg

3269829436_724f517824_b.jpg

Rest of the photos are on my Flickr ➡️

So here is the pitch for being leftfield:
➡️ Its got a lefty fork.
➡️ Its got an aluminium spine for the mainframe with a carbon shell pressed into the spine.( ➡️ Go to page 12 here for a better explanation ➡️ )
➡️ It does the cool colour change thing :cool:

Ok, so its a bit modern for retrobike, but its 10yrs old :D

Well I might as well have another crack this month. Here is my 'Leftfield' entry.
1992 Boulder Defiant 'Bullit'
Paint is a homage to Steve McQueen's Bullit Mustang. A few tasty Cammo green Ringle parts in the mix too.

3417718210_507a7178db_b.jpg

3416911379_9d9306b72d_b.jpg

More pics and full spec in Readers Wives.

Cheers
Si

Pickle, Are you not selling the Trek?
4. You do not talk about BOTM.
5. You do not talk about BOTM.
6. You do not talk about BOTM.
7. Bike must be currently owned by site member / nominee. No selling the bike whilst the contest is running if you want to remain in the contest
8. You do not talk about BOTM..

:(

Or is that only during non "special" BOTM's? in which case :D

Great how one 'fun' contest can cause so much debate about rules. Is this a uniquely british thing?

Anyhow for 'special' botms all normal rules apply. The only one we relax is that bikes which have already been entered in a 'normal' botm can be re-entered into a 'special' botm.

So if pickle's trek is fo' sale then i'm afraid he can't enter it. Sinetti can enter the old alpinestars assuming it is still owned by a site member, it would just be under their name.

WOW!,..that Defiant turned out pretty damn fine Si,..impressive! :D
glad i sold it to you,..you are the right owner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back