Anyone need machining doing?

Fibre enforced plastics are quite common - its just that most people wouldn’t even know / recognise them as they don’t look much different to standard stuff - just a little more 'grainy' :D

We used custom designed plastic nuts (at work) made from the stuff and typical fan cowlings / engine / radiator covers, header tanks etc on modern cars are made from various grades of it :D (BMW's for sure - I broke mine changing the rad :LOL: )

I am pretty sure the shim that came with my Titec Ti bars is made from the stuff to :D

WD :D

BMX, despite being one of the hardest abusers of parts have embraced plastics surprisingly well due to its low weight, cheap price and decent wear qualities.

It's not uncommon to see plastic pedals and pegs now.

Generally cool about people offering their services in such a way on the forum. However it would've been courteous to PM myself or another moderator first.

Maybe you could machine me up a new seatpost shim for my Litespeed frame ;)

How much to make 4 of these, if you please?
You can post in here, or pm if you want to keep prices private.
edit; in aluminum.

HubcapDrawing.jpg

John":29n7pmn1 said:
Maybe you could machine me up a new seatpost shim for my Litespeed frame ;)

Would be a pleasure! Let me know what size you need and I'll get one rustled up.

Supratada":3s0caz9l said:
How much to make 4 of these, if you please?
You can post in here, or pm if you want to keep prices private.
edit; in aluminum.

HubcapDrawing.jpg

Hi, sadly I wouldn't be able to do these, recently got rid of our larger lathe in exchange for a smaller one so wouldn't be able to work with a diameter that size, apologies!

Hi ,

Could you make me a bottom bracket mount for my jig in mild steel if i sent you the plans? it needs a 40mm dia by 50mm bit or mild or bright steel rod. cut in a step from 39mm to 33.5 to go on a 20mm shaft?

no body makes these! i am handmaking retro replicas and need to improve my jig.

I will email you the plans.

Cheers
pete

Yeah sounds interesting mate, feel free to mail a drawing over and we'll go from there!

matthew.broadbent(at)gmail.com

Back