another tip find trend

Jones":znhptzmh said:
memyselfandi":znhptzmh said:
Hunter S. Thompson fan I see. I'm just reading Kingdom of Fear at the moment.

Its funny I only started reading Hunter S Thomson recently after looking up that quote and finding that most of the quotes that I liked online are by him ;)

Been a fan ever since Terry Gilliam brought Fear & Loathing to the attention of my generation in 98. Immediatly bought the book from HMV after seeing that film. If your a fan and you know your way around torrents there are some awesome documentaries kicking around online. Hunter lived a truely amazing life. That particular quote is refering to Oscar Zeta Acosta, AKA, The Attorney.

Back on topic now OP, sorry about that.

yes i could use that to replace my standard box in my room. do they have remotes? because theyre like £15 arent they?

EDIT: i know theyre quite heavy, how much to post?

Another nice find Mr Cheese :cool:

But am i the only one that imagines LGF's house is like one of those hoarders you see on grimebusters

flat and garden filled to capacity :LOL: :LOL:

brocklanders023":21m20zwi said:
chrisv40":21m20zwi said:
I would be interested too but would they work with a standard sky system?
You'll need twin cables running from your dish to be able to record mate. ;)
And you can't just use a splitter - sat boxes "talk" to (send voltages to) the LNB - so you'll need at least a dual LNB on your dish.

brocklanders023":2l1b6qkf said:
You'll need twin cables running from your dish to be able to record mate. ;)

There is a way around that...

Plug your dish in to the LNB1 socket and set Sky to manually record a channel that has no programme's (e.g. one of the foreign radio stations). You can program it to do this for 23h59m a day on a daily repeat, so you only have to do it once.

This will cause the box to record the signal from LNB2 (i.e. nothing, as it always defaults to LNB2 for the first recording - the recording won't use any memory either as it will just store as 'FAILED'), thus allowing you to program the TV Guide to record other channels using signal from LNB1.

The advantage here is that you can still record something and it will automatically record programmed shows while the box is off. The disadvatage is that you can only record one channel at a time and if you're doing so, you can't watch another. You can watch stored programs though.

So, you sort of end up with half a Sky+ setup. A lot of apartments work of a shared aerial and only have one LNB. There is an alternative option involving splitting the single, but even then the channels are in packets and you can only record certain channels simaltaneously.

dyna-ti":1g6jygku said:
Another nice find Mr Cheese :cool:

But am i the only one that imagines LGF's house is like one of those hoarders you see on grimebusters

flat and garden filled to capacity :LOL: :LOL:

Trebuswithjunk.jpg

:shock: I never like looking at what you're posts fella.. you amaze me :LOL: :LOL: Whatever's going to turn up next :roll: :roll: :LOL:

If you get any more I would love one as my multiroom one will not come out of standby!!

I have tried every trick in the book and its still dead.

Please keep me in mind if you get a few more

Thanks

Adam

Back