And today I did......

went up blairadam tonight on me own (cos that utter bitch Robmac stood me up again lol)

blairadam lookin good, did a bit o trail marking and found the top entry into the trail mike found (downhill one we usually push up, the one with the bowed over tree at he top). The final wee section of trail on last bit towards carpark has also now been cleared of the big tree trunk

gonna post up to see if anybody interested in sunday morning decent run round there.

Took the Schwinn oot last night.

dsc7501nef.jpg

19lbs, with a bit of scope to lose 200-300g easily enough (ancient Look pedals hewn from lead, MTB seatpost, and ditch the MTB front mech for a roadie one).

Reasonably happy with the way it looks, bar the Selle Italia which doesn't look quite right. Feels like a better fit than the Trek (surprise surprise). Ride is pretty twangy - noticing the cables pinging off the frame on the bumpy stuff which the Trek never did.

Still need to fiddle with cockpit a bit, hoods feel like a bit of a stretch.

Got to love old Shimano mechs as well... running a 23 year old 7 speed RD-1051 at the rear with 9 speed shifters :)

zigzag":1ywx2kbs said:

Bars look to have big reach and drop.
Bike looks good. Black and red can look over done but you've struck a nice balance.

clubby":3ux193yb said:
zigzag":3ux193yb said:

Bars look to have big reach and drop.
Bike looks good. Black and red can look over done but you've struck a nice balance.
Red and black will always look good.2 design colours that stand the test of time.Personally id like to see a bit more red :oops:

I got my old tech x2 stuff back from Rampage today.
Superb job i must say and pimp enough for any German ;) :LOL:
Thread here
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 12#1626312

Went west after I finished work and picked up a frame from Kaisers house. Awfy posh gaff he's got.

Now I'm waiting on a few bits and it will be built up for next week. This will be my poshest bike ever, lots of bits I can't normally afford but I've been selling big time to fund it all and my secret XT sash will be getting unboxed for it.

And bought myself a pair of Mavic shoes to replace my old knackered Nike ones that seem to have shrunk (or my feet have spread with middle age). Absolute bargain price but they are white!! Very white.

got mildly drunk last nnight
was up early doing the cofee tea cereal bacon eggstoast stuff
and off they went
dicked around ,tidying up
then got to the shed
need to get 2 bikes sorted for next weekend , one for keithyr (shed) and one for me
bit of a discussion lats sunday turned up 3 possible candidates
all gates , a trek 9200 full bouncer
my titan half ton
and the dark horse , a bike keith seemed taken by
a big red sarecen killi racer
so ......
lets see what pans out
me well i'm pretty sure it will be elevated

Too much wine and whisky last night, just got up, need to build a bike for next weekend today, I have around 5 hours, I should manage it. Some painting and bearing replacement needed too.

Anyone know what grade of oil I need for mag21s? Lost some undoing the wrong part recently and they feel a bit squishy on one side.

Back