And today I did......

Decided to commute on the Gios today instead of the old rough Raleigh cause it was a pleasant morning .....

Just as I was getting changed to come home the rain came down in horizontal sheets and stayed on for my 4 mile journey before going off just as I got home ! I was soaked right thru.

The pleasures of cycling indeed ! :?

Fitted a pair of so-called 2.1" tyres to STS. Absolutely tiny compared to modern rubber but at least they look suitably retro. Plenty of mud clearance though which should come in handy at the moment.

BB in, forks on and tyres fitted to the wheels.

Now building up to my first ever fight with disc brakes.

Couldn't resist chucking the saddle and bars on to see how it is going to look. For the first time in my life this 5'7" scotsman has a seat post at minimum insertion point! Just over a foot from the top of the frame to the top of the saddle.

It's compact :D

Tazio":3lucttem said:
BB in, forks on and tyres fitted to the wheels.

Now building up to my first ever fight with disc brakes.

Couldn't resist chucking the saddle and bars on to see how it is going to look. For the first time in my life this 5'7" scotsman has a seat post at minimum insertion point! Just over a foot from the top of the frame to the top of the saddle.

It's compact :D

Went for a mock-up myself,using old hope wheels,C2's and xt 8spd
A tad small maybe :LOL:

Attachments

• Pure7 build 002 (Large).JPG
    Pure7 build 002 (Large).JPG
    211.2 KB · Views: 79
Looks fine to me.

Maybe a bit short on the top tube :D

Post mount disc brakes are breaking my heart.

Googling needed I think.

The front was stopping the rotor turning completely, spacer washers sorted that though.

But front and back are both binding on the rotors a bit. I think I just need to read up on adjusting them properly.

And as usual I've failed miserably on my weight estimate. Currently 10.45Kg before chain, shifters and front mech. I reckon I will come in at around 11Kg. I can live with that though as it doesn't really have any weenie parts apart from the frame and forks.

Me & Shed were up at Blairadam tonight and it was brilliant the Blair fairies have been hard at it :shock: There's been a BIG push made in clearing the place up of the fallen tree, loads of trails made and it looks like they can be linked up so we can 'go with the flow' now :twisted: Its definitely a huge improvement making it a lot more worth visiting now.

BTW I must thank Shed for bringing his 'Poof Juice' it kept the midges at bay AGAIN :LOL:

RobMac":3i8q92sq said:
BTW I must thank Shed for bringing his 'Poof Juice' it kept the midges at bay AGAIN :LOL:

Where did he squirt it this time?

Back