And today I did......

Nice ride down by the beach in Carnoustie testing 50mm stem on the mojo hd. Set of Fox 36 vanillas off eBay waiting at post office so that's my Sunday sorted if the weathers crap.

Freshen

Today I did.............( well...the last couple of days)
sand, sand, sand, ....prime, prime, wet flat......wet flat.......wet flat....wet flat..........wet flat......wet flat ......
Getting there ;) slowly ;)

Jamie

IMG_3434.jpg

IMG_3436.jpg

IMG_3443.jpg

IMG_3445.jpg

van

Looks worse once its rubbed back to the first pic. The paint was getting very thin and the bits where its back to metal were just tiny stone chips but due to the thin paint as soon as you touched it you were through so then it had to be spread out to smooth. The black is the rust treatment before it was sanded off.
Very solid throughout and straight as a very straight thing, only one tiny little ding in the front left lower side about the size of a 1p. Looks like a shopping trolley has lightly hit it. The only rust on the whole bloody thing was the usual front steps, why put a seam down the middle of them? welded two new ones in just to be sure.
More wet sanding tomorrow and tomorrow night it will be painted, side and back door on Saturday. Hopefully back on the road within the fortnight.
Not a bike this time but thought I would share.

Jamie

Rather you than me, never could get my head round doing that type of work on a car. Looking good anyway.
My wife's T25 camper failed it's MOT last Fri so I've started to do the work.
It needs 3 springs, both top ball-joints replaced and "exhaust is leaking excessively".
Managed to get set of springs on eBay for £70 including postage and there are also ball-joints on way too off the 'Bay. Found ball-joint rubbers there too, so will replace them on bottom ball-joints.
Any idea where I could get a cheap back-box, new or 2nd hand, for a '84 1.9lt water-cooled T25?

No purple

No no purple mate, just back to white. It is a slightly creamier white but not too much difference. I hope :roll: as we have only gone to the inner edge of the door checks and left the inside alone as its pretty spotless as its never seen any commercial work. The paint was also free and a good mate is doing the painting as its what he does so I do all the prep work and he finishes it off nicely. My other mate whose helping used to paint planes for the airforce for most of his life so as my dad used to say 'why bark when you've got a dog' ;)
After all these years I am also splashing out on a stereo and getting rid of the old am radio :D

Jamie

old_coyote_pedaller
JK has the back box for £118 but you could also try Mark at Pitcaple, Inverurie he has loads of T25 about and can source a lot of new and secondhand parts. 01467 681756
It is a bit daunting pulling it all apart but mine needed it for the paint as it was fine about 18 months ago, paint just a bit worn down and no rust at all. It was not used for that time as I had the works van and never had any time off so sitting unused and living right next to the ocean really took its toll. So not much choice really.
I was lucky that it spent last winter in the workshop and I slowly stripped it waiting for the guys to be available to help with the paint. Last week we started at it and hopefully a couple of weeks and it will be sorted. I was very lucky that the paint was free as I would have been really struggling if I had to do it retail.
A few issues going on with work at the moment so the push was on as it may have to return to service as my daily transport soon.

Jamie

Thanks for phone number for parts but don't know who JK is. :oops:

You're lucky your's isn't rusty, had to remove the camper interior earlier this year to have new rear wheel-arch panels welded in. Putting it back together just pissed me off when I discovered my wife had "tidied away" some of the screws/bolts. The standard of workmanship of original work, by proper camper conversion firm, was absolutely pish. For instance, there's a socket in floor for the table-leg. This required a hole to be cut through plywood floor and metal body. It was done by drilling hole then a jigsaw was used to cut round hole, this hole almost cuts into main chassis member, it misses it by a baw-hair, the paint/underseal is marked. Utter cowboys.

camper

JK = Just Kampers 0800 9156601
Thats why I am getting a fold down table/leg as all the fixed ones go through the floor. I have a Devon interior that I took out of a camper a couple of years ago that was about to be crushed and it was fitted perfectly. All the fixings were blocks and a cordless drill had it out in 20 minutes. Only shortcut I had to do was just cut the electrics wher they entered the external socket as time was of the essence as the guys were sitting waiting to crush it. It didnt have a rock and roll bed though but for a fiver I cant complain. They were happy I took it as if I had been five minutes later they were going to smash it out with a sledge hammer as it couldnt be crushed with the metal :shock:
I only went in to see if I could get the side windows, I got the back side ones but the middle ones were smashed where they put the big forklift straight through the windows and lifted the van across the yard.
Jamie

Just Kampers, I should have been able to work that out. Was on the JK website yesterday to see if they do the ball-joint rubbers, they only do one at a fiver but they're out of stock.

Back