And today I did......

The new cafe seems practical, but lacking in imagination with regards to positioning :cool:
The volume of traffic is noticeable, but i guess its a good thing.

Ordered some bits and bobs tonight, by this time next week i`ll be trying out that single speed thing :D

Bah, broke my £10 floor pump tonight. Had a good few years out of it, so can't really complain. Didn't enjoy trying to pump up the roadie tyres with my wee Blackburn either - i think i ended up with less air in them than when i started :shock:

:evil: spent pretty much all of yesterday afternoon removing a 107mm BB from the avalanche frame and replaced it with a nice smooth 113.. Can you imagine my confusion and rage when I found the cranks interfered with chain stays when installed with a longer BB axle.

turns out the old cranks in question are completely perpendicular to the axle with no offset :oops: . A new 122.5 BB has been ordered

I took a temporary BB that I bought as a cheap stopgap out a bike on Sunday. I probably would have left it longer but it was the wrong size as my cranks (XT750) take either a 113 or a 110 and I wan't sure so didn't want to spend decent money on something that didn't work as it was the wrong length.

Of course I guessed wrong so got the correct length (110) a few days ago and decided to pop it in as it is a ten minute job. The cheapy which had looked a decent enough cartridge to my amazement came out in parts. The cartridge completely pulled itself apart exposing the axle and bearings. If I had guessed right I probably would have left it in as it was smooth enough.

Not really worth buying a cheap one I guess.

yip it's one of those jobs easy to under estimate. essentially it's unscrew this, screw in that x4 pls cranks.

reality

you tackle a BB that's been in place for 10+ yrs probably, then inserting the replacement takes just as long as some of the threads in the shell don't look a bit flat. takes you so much effort to get it in that wonder if it's mis-threading. all along your grunting, puffing and cursing, and your neighbours are shout over the fence baffled at what the big deal is.

at least it was a nice day and I got some sun on my back :LOL:

Went down to the bike station [glasgow] for the induction for volunteering.Bit disappointing really as it seems that all we'll be doing is judging and stripping the crud that comes through the door :?
Ach well,its a start and im sure there will be nice bits and bobs i can save from the scrapheap.

Went out for a road ride with ZZ :) smashin night for a ride and thoroughly enjoyable even though he beat me a couple of times in my own backyard :twisted:

dyna-ti":3qe4j0sq said:
Went down to the bike station [glasgow] for the induction for volunteering.Bit disappointing really as it seems that all we'll be doing is judging and stripping the crud that comes through the door :?
Ach well,its a start and im sure there will be nice bits and bobs i can save from the scrapheap.

I am sure you will have lots of new best friends!

Bullpup":1xczhzdk said:
dyna-ti":1xczhzdk said:

I am sure you will have lots of new best friends!

Aye indeed,met a chap who i know ive seen in a number of places and i think hes the brother in law of the owner of gear of Glasgow.A really nice guy who invited me and another chap we met there up for a coffee[no sugar :shock:] The other chap had had to walk in from Bishopbriggs[about 4 or 5 miles]I offered him £20 cos his benefit was screwed up but he thanked me but refused,the coffee guy gave him a spesh road bike to keep and to get back to home on :shock: Such generosity :cool: nice bike too.

Latest posts

Back