And today I did......

Yesterday I did nearly nowt :cool:

I've lost my bike mojo again, cant be bothered fettling my bikes or anything but swore to myself I must ride my bikes more. To this end my DB Sorrento has been rebuilt and my Dawes Lightening turned into a fixie. Everything else goes into the shed and stays there until my enthusiasm returns. For the rest of the summer I intend to be a 2 bike person and thats it.................hopefully :roll:

Ach, bear with it Velo, you know it comes and goes. Have found myself doing more and more road work this year, to the detriment of mountain. Probably a bit of laziness on my part, since it's easier just to ride the road from the house and get in a quick hour or two. Not as satisfying mentally, but still better than nothing, and I can see my fitness improving, so when I do get back offroad it should be good. Doesn't help that the Pentlands has been a boggy wasteland for more than a year either, hoping it'll begin to dry out now that summer is here.

Glentress next weekend should help, fair looking forward to it, last time I was there was our Gypsy Glen 'epic'... should be much more enjoyable this time around and weather is looking decent for the weekend.

RobMac":1rc4pv8k said:
Went out on the road bike and did 70 miles in this heat, av speed going out was 18mph and on the way back (head wind) 15-16 mph, my arse has fallin out with my B17, boy did I feel it today :?

Cycled to work today first time in a wee while AND did my best time so far for the 20 miles but coming back again was brutal with a strong head wind all the way :?

Took the Rock Lobster out for a wee run on the cycle paths. Saw many other cyclists and decided my bike looked 100 times better than anything with hydroformed tubes.

Also gave it a mini service and got a wee bit shocked at how pointy toothed the jockey wheels are. Time to replace them I think.

No bike spending for a while, yesterday I bought flights to Chile for my honeymoon. Most expensive ticket i've ever bought, can't wait now!

I sold the Wahoo frame at last and diagnosed a burnt out motor on the washing machine - the ungrateful thing only lasted 10 years!

Spent a inappropriate amount of time search for a tap to clear the threads in the FAT's bottom bracket. Finally found out the correct size/pitch and tried to find one. Could have got a proper one but at 18 bucks was just a tad too strong. In the end I bought a 'kit' with the right tap...should have known better than to buy cheap tools. Tap is now stuck in the axle :x FAT for Sunday is now shelved. :(

What I'm doing just now is having a rant at ITV4 for not showing the Halfords Tour Series as they were meant to at 8.

Bastards are letting the effing tennis run on, it's been on since 9.30am FFS, there's a highlights programme they could have shown it on later. Or tomorrow when it is again on from 9.30am to 8.00pm.
What a bunch of tossers.

And breathe.................

Back