And today I did......

Doh! Are you going back any time soon V? Mibbe take them anyway, save me having to modify a nice pair of forks?

I picked up a pair of good Judy Long Travels at the weekend - just fitted them and they feel ok, bike is coming together for the weekend.

I might not have front gears for the ride though, need a bottom pull 34.9 I think, and I'm not sure where it will fit with the swing arm sitting where it is.

that might do it, I have to admit I thought I'd be looking for a bottom swing though. Now if I can find one cheap locally that would be ideal.

bungee jump never happened :LOL: the whitewater rafting was fun tho :cool:

just got another 3 sets of hope brakes through the door this morning + another mechanical hope caliper & wheel , i need help :(

big.eck":2okijy6n said:
bungee jump never happened :LOL: the whitewater rafting was fun tho :cool:

just got another 3 sets of hope brakes through the door this morning + another mechanical hope caliper & wheel , i need help :(

Well theres TK's yer man.You have the cable hopes dont you ?
Lovely looking rotors and spiders the early stuff has :cool:

What brakes Eck? the nos c2's by any chance :D

Finally built up my Fast Tourer, the bits of which I showed you an year and a half ago.

side.jpg

And have a deek at a slideshow here:

https://picasaweb.google.com/therealkw15/TheFastTourer#slideshow/5734683604926636738

9x3 Campag drivetrain with nice Veloce Ergopower shifters, on a handbuilt Kevin Winter Reynolds 725 frame.

Much component weirdness because it is a cyclocross frame - brakes are cantis so I've stuck Shimano ones from a mountain bike on it for stopping power (!), top tube cable routing so the front derailleur is an old Shimano LX one which works just dandy, and a Stronglight triple chainset as chainline means a lot to me.

The Ritchey headset turned out to be goosed, but because my garage is so full of shite I actually found a replacement brand new cartridge bearing in a bag - hurray!

Wheels are Mavic CXP22 32 spoke rims on Mirage hubs BTW. Pedals are doublesided SPDs.

I'll adulterate it with a rack and mudguards soon, but will enjoy its beauty for a week or so first.

Back