And today I did......

Today I had a rare outing on the retro road bike , Raleigh Scirocco c1983.
Did 26 miles with my mate on his 2011 Spesh Allez. Almost 30 years older and my Reynolds 501 framed bike feels lighter than the Allez. Seemed faster too but that might just have been my superior power & stamina !!

I quickly threw on a rear mudguard this morning cause it had been bucketing down all night. It doesn't look nice but did the job.

RaleighSciroccoc1983.jpg

Lochwinnoch. And it was bitterly cold this morning. Had only just left the house and seriously thought about turning back. Seriously cold wind.....

Baron von Trumpen Bottom":15g8xiwo said:
Rumble":15g8xiwo said:
Castrol R - that's the fella!

You can still buy it but not cheap nearly £20 a ltr and fully synth can be bought for nealry 50% less

It also gums everything up with a varnish like coating. Last time I used Castrol R was in my SAAB 96 rally car. The engine needed rebuilding every 4000 miles anyway so it didn't matter, but long term it would have created problems. Smells fantastic though .

I've spent the last 30 hours on flights and drives getting to Wollongong in Australia. Got here after dark and its chucking it down. First impression is Dundee with sunshine and a nice beach.

Back