And today I did......

Tazio":3pp05chp said:
Spent a lot of the day fighting with my old out of date CAD software.

I hate the software we use at work as it is no use for what I do and they won't spring the cash for a new version of what I use so I have to keep fighting with my own copy.

outa interest what do you use it for, my first (proper) job was using cadcam etc.. really enjoyed that job

I have a mate thats' set up a little part time business doing CAD, solid modelling and 3D animation he may be able to help you

kaiser":249rf1kl said:
Today was the start of get fit 2012. 6 mile run, target for January is 3 runs a week, start cycling to work again and try to get back to 85kg.

After a weekend of Manthrax I thought I'd restart the short cycle commute, after the ride home where I ended up pushing up half the hill I had a mild asthma attack, the Manthrax returned and I am now off work. Not the result I was hoping for.

kaiser":tbf4027b said:
Today was the start of get fit ,2012.6 mile run, target for January is 3 runs a week, start cycling to work again and try to get back to 85kg.

where the hell did you go :shock: ?

spain and back ?

gmac123":m9n63njd said:
Tazio":m9n63njd said:
Spent a lot of the day fighting with my old out of date CAD software.

I hate the software we use at work as it is no use for what I do and they won't spring the cash for a new version of what I use so I have to keep fighting with my own copy.

outa interest what do you use it for, my first (proper) job was using cadcam etc.. really enjoyed that job

I have a mate thats' set up a little part time business doing CAD, solid modelling and 3D animation he may be able to help you

I use VectorWorks for doing lighting drawings for theatre shows. Sadly my work uses AutoCad as it is better for scenery according to them. It is an odd thing in most theatres that people seem to work that way. Sadly VectorWorks is way over £1k for a package and is laden with anti crack security.

not going for the runs but looking to get back to some sort of fighting weight, might publish weight and goal in a seperate thread to motivate myself, mind you it might die a death like the 100 press up one :oops:

clockworkgazz":2w95njyu said:
not going for the runs but looking to get back to some sort of fighting weight, might publish weight and goal in a seperate thread to motivate myself, mind you it might die a death like the 100 press up one :oops:
Not a bad idea Gazz, I'd join you in that. Need to drop about a stone, ideally by summer. 4 runs per week, 2 at home (about 3.5 miles), 2 at work (about 4) and begin ramping up distance. And road bike miles, as soon as possible...

Me too guys. I need to lose a stone to get to my ideal wieght but more importantly build up a bit of stamina. I just end up knackered on longer rides these days and its taking away the enjoyment. Planning on doing much more riding this year so I really want to get fit.

Managed to get some rides in already this year and probably going to ride to work 4-5 days a week. Also found a way of getting on the turbo trainer more often; I'm addicted to Gran Turismo on Playstation so instead of just sitting there like a dork, I've dragged a bike and the TT infront of the TV in the spare room and now spin whilst playing. Managed about four hours last week which is more than I've done in the past. Certainly takes the boredom out of it.

Back