And today I did......

Last week I took delivery of a NOS Muddy Fox Challenger (in a fetching purple) to build up into a commuter bike for around town and a bit of road training on.

Today I took delivery of a Mongoose IBOC Comp frame and fork from ebay (won for a whopping £2.0:cool: to build up into a commuter bike for around town and a bit of road training on.

To satisfy my token rule that each bike has to be slightly different I'm thinking about putting the 700c wheels from my road bike (which I'm about to upgrade) on one of them.

Does anyone know if there's anything I can use to convert the canti studs to run 700c wheels? If not one of them may become fixed or a full-time turbo trainer bike. Thinking about it - will I have problems with the dropout widths as well?

Rumble":mytkr809 said:
Last week I took delivery of a NOS Muddy Fox Challenger (in a fetching purple) to build up into a commuter bike for around town and a bit of road training on.

Today I took delivery of a Mongoose IBOC Comp frame and fork from ebay (won for a whopping £2.0:cool: to build up into a commuter bike for around town and a bit of road training on.

To satisfy my token rule that each bike has to be slightly different I'm thinking about putting the 700c wheels from my road bike (which I'm about to upgrade) on one of them.

Does anyone know if there's anything I can use to convert the canti studs to run 700c wheels? If not one of them may become fixed or a full-time turbo trainer bike. Thinking about it - will I have problems with the dropout widths as well?

On a road frame you can use a drop bolt to alter the position of caliper so it fits 700C wheels instead of 27" jobs. Not aware of anything which suits your requirement - unless you can get different brake arms with slightly varied arm lengths :?

Unless you get the studs removed and repositioned but that's rather drastic :twisted:

velomaniac":jkly2ke3 said:
Today I received my on one frame less than 24 hours after ordering it :shock:

Looks good and weighs less than expected, its a rather nice metallic brown.
Metallic broon! It's a bike, not an Austin Allegro :LOL:

Still want a shot though, get the parts transferred over from the iDrivel quick smart!

Good stuff Velo, looking forward to seeing what you make of it :D No fancy testing it on Saturday?

Back