And today I did......

Everyone on here is light years more talented than me at bike restorations and stuff. Makes me feared to try in case I ruin it, think I'll stick with original Patina :roll:

GT Safety Bicycle, how cool :cool:

The Ken":9c5rbayh said:
Love the decal work tam - are they hand painted? Nice to see something a bit unusual.
Cheers Ken.

Sadly decals weren't hand painted - constructed using Adobe Fireworks, some retro fonts and images of an old American flag and rusty sheet metal for the texture.

I ummed and ahhed about printing onto white or transparent decal paper. In the end I went for white so the light colours would show up best against the black powdercoat job. Unfortunatley I'm left with the rough white edge of the decal :( Might try touching up with some paint before the laquer coat.

Cheated with the pinstriping too! :D Used a roll of masking tape with a 1.5mm gap in it (found on fleabay). The yellow went on fine, the red bled like a stuck pig (both from the Humbrol model range). Spent last night trying to tidy it up with white spirit and cotton buds.

loving your decal work there tam
i do think that your inbox will be full of "can you do" stuff soon tho

I'll sit oan the fence the noo, love the work but I'd like to see the full bike. Could be tricky to pulloff. Though if yer hacks anything to go by it should come out champion :D

This morning I thought I had sharted myself, but when I checked there was nothing there. It must have just been an extremely dense and wet fart :eek: please note I have never sharted before.

kaiser":n97s5hnv said:
This morning I thought I had sharted myself, but when I checked there was nothing there. It must have just been an extremely dense and wet fart :eek: please note I have never sharted before.

Too much info man :shock: , but is a wet fart not just as bad as a shite ?, seemed like it to me when i had food poisoning last new year :LOL:

Popped into WillyBains thismorning, gave him the wheel bits for the DH8, hopefully get them back next week.

He had a stunning 73 Raliegh Chopper in :cool: , just been powdercoated and rechromed, was just waiting on a few bits to finish it off, would have loved it but only as an ornament/something to cherish, harsh truith is i'd probably feel (and look) like a tit riding around on it :roll:

Today I build a fence :D

Something very satisfying about building a wooden fence especially if you only use hand tools. Possibly because my Grandfather was a Master Joiner I like a bit of woodwork but I must point out I prefer fencing etc not dovetail joints and intricate work :cool:

First retro hedge, now retro fence? Pics may well be in order...

Today I put new tyres on the Stumpy, it looks strange without skin walls though. Also fannied about trying to get a decent shot for the BOTM trilogy without any success. Here just so mikee will puke a little in his mouth:

dsc30691024.jpg

And just because I've watched Wallander tonight and am feeling all Scandinavian, here's the retro Aha video version:

dsc3069bwtakeonme.jpg

velomaniac":2zkustqk said:

Something very satisfying about building a wooden fence especially if you only use hand tools. Possibly because my Grandfather was a Master Joiner I like a bit of woodwork but I must point out I prefer fencing etc not dovetail joints and intricate work :cool:

The simple jobs always seem to be the most satisfying,the more intricate the more you just want the thing done and dusted,more relief than satisfying :?

velomaniac":23tsz9tp said:

Where are you sourcing your wood? I'm supposed to start on a fence (25m) next week end.

Back