And today I did......

Bike is fine apart from some s rather to the stations of the forks but the rack is totalled and I've done about £300s worth of damage to my car. Forgot to mention being extremely pissed off with myself in the first post lol

Gents, if you want to change your Glentress Macretro Big Clan Gathering sig over to TK's latest masterpiece:

MacretroBanner.jpg

Then copy and paste the following into your signature in your profile:

Code:
[url=http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=110669][img]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee243/dkeningale/Bike/MacretroBanner.jpg[/img][/url]

Picked up the Guder from ZZ today way too small :( but very cool. I think I'll put it up for swaps. Many thanks to ZZ, I reckon this year he's done more taxi'in of bikes and boadies than anyone :cool:

Actually now I've ridden it its not too bad need a longer post and a longer stem, shallow drop bars and it should be hunkydory. In fact the soma bars I have coming could be the ticket. Rides really nice....nice and slow which is quite refreshing :eek:

Today I did a scott and a kona jake the snake , something else too but can't remember what :LOL:

I forgot yesterday on the ride there was a long road downhill that we all hammered down that at the bottom you need to squeeze through a small gate , I forgot everyone else had discs so thought that my usual 4 meters or so braking distance would be fine then the people in front of me suddenly came to a stop . I braked so hard the rear wheel lifted ( I was seated ! ) and it cooked my pads , gave off a bit of smoke and smelt funny , oh how we laughed . Just checked and my rim has a noticeable ring around it , I guess I should get some proper ceramic pads and stop using the salmons . My alloy bolts didn't shear though :D

Got one of the sales guys to give me a quote on a road frame . I hate alloy and really don't want carbon , can't think of any off the shelf decent steel ( any help would be great ) so thinking titanium , £850 frame only , slightly more than I expected but not a great deal . Might just get a vintage lightweight and cover it in new campag

In one of the containers I spotted a proflex . didn't notice it straight away as it was a yellowy gold but shuffling some bikes around thought the rear end looked familiar and there it was .

Not a fan of carry bikes on the outside of cars . It adds shit loads of drag and seems a massive hassle .

Perry have a look at the charge juicer, they are meant to ride really well. Try to get a loan of some road bikes, I know you say you don't want an ally or carbon bike but the best part of a road bike is covering big distances very fast. A couple of pounds lost and a stiffer frame make all the difference going uphill.

Back