And today I did......

zigzag":2le03fbp said:
ooooh ya beauty. Still thinking about jelly beaning it? My initial reaction was yes, but not so sure on second thoughts.

Same here, Jellybean would be cool but a bit predictable.

Fork colour doesnt really suit the frame TBH, thinking they need to be black, red or white.

Great stuff though :cool: , if it was a 17" i'd really, really hate you :LOL:

Had a run round the block tonight and first impressions are very good albeit The forks might not be keepers, they are as light as feck but I think I prefer a stiffer and heavier front end, mind you it might just be that they need pumped up for my lardy arse! That and the carbon bars may well be throwing me, mind you it is bloody light and is actually a 18 inch so might just fit jimi.

Received another couple of presents in the post towards making a more modern workable off road bike.

Decals from Gil_M for the Rock Lobster frame I bought from RobMac. Not essential to make it work but they make me happier.

And a set of Marzocchi Bombers for it. Which have helped to decide the general colour look of it as they are bright red.

They're the first air forks I've owned but seem in good order and just need some oil and a pump up. They're 100mm but I need to decide if that is too much for me, however according to the manual I found online I can make them 80mm by altering the oil level. The factory default air pressure is 3 bar but I only weigh 65Kg so I may have to go a bit lower?

The seals are all good so hopefully I can get my LBS to pump them up and the pressure will stay until I splash out on a pump fork.

Never heard of altering travel through oil level :? , what type of Bombers are they ?

Sounds like a nice bike though, be good to see it once it's done ;)

jimihendrix":2jqeuivr said:
Never heard of altering travel through oil level :? , what type of Bombers are they ?

Sounds like a nice bike though, be good to see it once it's done ;)

Mmm, maybe need to reread that bit. I'm not sure which model they are, 2001 but no other name apart from Bomber so I assume they're the bog standard ones.

Any clues as to how to identify them? http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=110058

Today I bought my first bike part in months. I got a reissue Flite Titanium for the Yo Eddy. Really nice, looks just the same and even has the earlier red logo on the back. No more scratching about for tatty used examples now.
Ive also been interviewed today for a new Mountain Biking magazine. It looks like it's going to be good- more about riding and people than telling you what to buy all the time. They are going to do a big feature on the Retro bike scene in general which is a promising start. I'm off to dig out some photos for them later.

Here's a teaser
http://www.privateer.cc/

3rd frigging puncture of the year, 60 miles from home, daughter in car, no spare tyre (MX-5 you see)... Added Tyre Weld, and limped along hoping it would plug the hole. 10 miles later and 3 stops to add more air, made it to a Kwik Fit about 2 minutes after closing time... Can you help? Can we f*ck.

Tyre Weld unbelievably stopped the hole after another 20 minutes of limping along and refilling every few miles. Made it home without further incident. I see a couple more cans of Tyre Weld in my future... and an AA membership just in case.

That tyre weld and The AA are good stuff, good combo to go for ;)

Failed miserably to get to GT as felt hungover this morning despite no boozing the previous night, blooming ME :roll:
Did get to BikeStation and nabbed another set on Suntour XC thumbies :D
Built up a scruffy mtb as a 'pub bike' which I'll hopefully test out somewhere tomorrow such as Pentlands.

Back