And today I did......

:LOL: :LOL:

today I fixed the v's on the yo (the real levers will be sold) and put some amberwalls on.

finished the salsa albeit I have got a few ideas for additional trinkets to spruce her up.

and a crackin ride with the three boys to fenwick, cake then home and going to get some chips for ma dinner :cool:

well i finnished a rear disc mount i've made for the vr1 and done a bit more to it today :D just a chain & cables and it'll be running :cool:

Rebuilt my Spesh Hardrock after respraying it (badly) green with matching fork. New fork, crown to axle is 395mm as opposed to original 405mm which though only 10mm has sharpened up the handling, weird :?

Looks good with red tyres and its cunning disguise as a Falcon, had some red Falcon transfers going spare. Only highlight of the bike is the Shimano DX front mech, my only DX component I've ever happened upon :D Fitted V-brakes as well for serious stopping power :D :cool:

sounds cool velo- pics please mind you why falcon decals are you no meant to be trying to pretend the bike is cooler than it is with fake decals?

rob
just cut your losses m8
i'll give you a generalized hardrock top of the range mountain bike
for it

let it go you know it makes sense m8

Just back from a run on the road bike, just a brief 13 mile trip to Finstown and back, as I've been advised to back off the miles for a bit until my sore knee abates. However I hit it as hard as I could and did it at an average of 18.8 mph, which is good for me.

I felt as though my heart was bursting out of my chest, but I think this is a psychosomatic response to my doctor speed reading my last echocardiogram to me, concentrating on the scary bits ("muscle wall thickening, right ventricular hypertrophy") then telling me it was reasonably okay and in many ways (not all??) typical of a fit adult male.

Thanks for that, saucy Dutch lady doctor.

I get all the heart monitoring as my resting pulse goes down to 32, which scares the doctors, and also me when I have to wait for 2 seconds between blips of the HRM. But it's been like this for about 30 years, anyway.

Did a ten-miler on the folder yesterday too, and have read big chunks of my Fausto Coppi book I got for Christmas. Some good.

Time for a shower, and a glass of milk as my heartburn is killing me. Hopefully only metaphorically.

therealkw15":2u3ftcpr said:
and have read big chunks of my Fausto Coppi book I got for Christmas. Some good.

:cool: Fantastic book, one of the best I've read.

Today I found a coloured headset in Edinburgh!

Driving through Portobello I spotted a shop with a huge "We stock Onza" sign outside. Sure enough stuffed full of BMX kit so a rainbow of anodized parts, including Mongo III headsets.

Shiny blue purchased.

Now to make a press.

Back