it all looks new and clean in a TV makeover stylee
saw a local kid on a zoltone marin bear valley when out with the dogs
16" frame ,would have made him an offer if it had been an 18"
got a pair of 1" marzocchi exc forks in a deal for other stuff
2004 ish i think ,not sure what i'm gonna do with them tho
sold a whole heap of gpz 750/1100 unitracker stuff to a local bloke
had a chineese meal .....

gonna bed

Discovered no bike shop in Edinburgh sells coloured headsets.

Consoled myself by throwing some cash Gil-m's way for a set of decals.

Currently praying for good weather tomorrow.

Did NO cycling.

Discovered drains blocked again.

Quite literally a shite day.

However on the upside my strawberries are thriving on neglect and producing abundantly:

4803255854_a7e98ffbea_b.jpg

RobMac":1pe887k2 said:
Been out on the road bike today, Ive not been on a bike
in two weeks. I felt strong and its been howling a gale all
day here but managed 50 mile, was fresh as a daisy when
I got back :D

Wish i could say the same :roll: , been out for a short six mile blast round the streets on the Zaskar and i'm fugged, my thigh muscles started aching almost as soon as i got on the bike, have'nt been out properly since Kilmarnock :roll:

Bike seems fine though, had to check it as it'll be a commuter next week, Polo is in bits needing welding for its MOT next month.

Speaking of Zaskars you may have heard a nasty rumour
that Ive started putting together a '96' Zaskar its a pack
of lies.

Cough! :roll:

Scorned the wind (again its been relentless this last few weeks) and did a 30 mile return trip to Stromness on the road bike. Managed a disappointing 16mph average and had a gippy knee on the way back. Wind speed got up to an 18 knot average and meant I went up some hills considerably faster than others I went down. At least it was warm (nearly 15C !).

Raising the saddle a bit too far seemed to help, but it seems the sore knee/sore arse tradeoff using the SPDs gives a 'comfort zone' in terms of saddle height variation of about 1/4".

Chain should make it onto the Dahon later, drain stench permitting, and an inaugural spin and photoshoot will take place.

Eck hope you get better soon, sounds painful and frustrating.

Apparently knee cap replacement is fairly easy, an old uncle of mine got his shot off in WW1 so they just popped in another one from a dead soldier of the same blood type, was a bit loose but did the job.

Did a bit more building on the 2 projects but not much, need a seatpost for the khs.
Flew the kite on sunday, arms really sore today - really need to do this more often, my upper body strength is appalling.

Nipped up the very windy Pentlands for a couple of laps on Saturday. Highlights included one puncture that just so happened to coincide with a torrential shower. Also passed a family preparing for a bit of wild camping and wrestling with a couple of tents in the gale. After the umpteenth stitching failure of my Endura shorts at K'Tree, I finally binned them and invested in my first pair of bib shorts. Have to say, I like the way the bib re-arranges my tum and love handles :)

Need some time off the bike though, left arm and shoulder still not fully healed from previous Pentlands and K'Tree crashes. Cutting the hedges yesterday did not help either.

Latest posts

Back