And today I did......

Damn, forks arrived, very pretty.

But I'm waiting on the V Brake adaptors so I can't fit them yet, sitting under my desk at work (handily a few yards from full workshop facilities) making me itch to fit them.

Got so over excited I have gone out and bought a nice set of straight bars in preperation for the excitement ahead. Risers were driving me bonkers, to high and wide, like having cowhorn handlebars ala late 70's. I suppose I could have cut them but it gave me an excuse to get new ones.

And the LBS let me have Ritchey flat bats with loads of money off as they don't have packaging and have a slight mark, which is under the levers anyway.

Result.

Its lunchtime an I've just opened a big box.......

bianchi343.jpg

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Today I attempted to fix a coleagues bike, a pointless excercise. The bike is a Raleigh gas pipe special that had stripped the pedal threads, so I attempted to remove the cranks to fit a better condition set of used cranks. The crank extractor stripped the soft alloy threads of the crank. Tried riding the bike up and down with a bodged on pedal to loosen cranks, still wouldnt shift. Hit the cranks with an old bone chisel and mallet, still wouldnt shift. Basically bike was last serviced over 10 years ago and everything has seized in place :roll:

Thus because I'm a nice chap or really foolish, I'll strip the bike of everything that can be removed and reused and rebuild onto an old 18" frame I have kicking around and charge my coleague the bare minimum.

The Raleigh then goes to the skip and another bike gets a chance of being used. Recycling ;)

The Ken":keh2hl0w said:
for the last 2 weekends I have mostly been making this for ultraMiniKen's Birthday... well in between the rain showers...

IMG_5383.jpg

IMG_5377.jpg

IMG_5376.jpg

IMG_5381.jpg

Loving that my boys would go mental for one of those, wait until one of them gets the idea to make someone walk the plank!

All I got when I was wee was a crappy game of kerr-plunck :evil:

.....this.... :D .....................................

r2z12h.jpg

PYkPih.jpg

lD0aRh.jpg

0pAZnh.jpg

4XqvNh.jpg

0ko4wh.jpg

1992 Storm, 21", mostly original, average patina :D

These are the previous owner's pics and show bike as it is just now. Built it up and rode to work and back this afternoon. Feels very relaxed but that's probably due to the stem being higher than I normally use.

Minor changes planned then more up to date Panda Pics
:p

Back