And today I did......

Met you up the bing, you know a guy called David Ferguson, I kinda remember you but I know the bike, last year July I think.

Today I cried. Full on, huge face wetting tears of joy, sorrow, pain, grief, sadness and pure emotion.
This years 24hrs of Le Mans will be something that will stay with me for a long time. Triumph, tragedy, the pain of defeat in the cruelest way, the joy of unexpected victory, grown men- strong leaders at that, reduced to tears in the dying hours of what was the most remarkable race in recent memory. The history books will record the highest ever race distance. The fans will remember that rare thing in modern times- sportsmanship and respect.
Today great men were humbled and humble men became great. Today was the day that reminded me why that god damn race that drags me to France time after time, is the most wonderful sporting event on earth.

Got the dale up running and living the comfy sit up and beg position, bit skittish up front but def. Just a summer bimble machine, don't trust those thin forks on anything to knarly ;)

DHder":1jfk6rle said:
kaiser":1jfk6rle said:
DHder":1jfk6rle said:
today I got some shivers for the bighit......and realised I think I know big eck.....

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/4976726/

we need pics :)

Pics of big.eck or the shivers?

Personally I think the shivers but Im sure big.eck has a few shots on himself if you ask :p

EDIT: that sounded funnier in my head.

oh yes , i have quite a few :D :D :D :D :D

so what bike were you on up the bings when i was speaking to you ?

Today I went for what was meant to be a 36 mile run and got my first puncture in years after 21 miles. Yes, I was 15 miles from home, and no, of course I didn't have a spare tube although I had a pump and tools.

4697153561_cab12d3e61_b.jpg

Here is my bike symbolically in the ditch. I suffered the indignity of getting my dad to drive out and pick me up.

It'll be repaired in the next couple of days though, as it will be on the back of the car as I drive down to Edinburgh for the St Andrews run on Saturday. You up for it Rob? Anybody else? If you are there on the day give me a shout or txt on 07719 762165.

I'll probably do the Ed- St Andrews on Tufftrax 2, stashed in Edinburgh, with the sacred Comfy Seat.

It's an annual mass participation charity ride from Edinburgh to St Andrews in aid of Lepra that takes place on the Saturday nearest midsummer. 68 miles, with tea stops along the route, and transport for bike and rider back to Edinburgh available.

More here: http://www.leprahealthinaction.org/edinburgh-to-st-andrews-cycle-ride/

A grand day out, I've done it 10 or more times now. Two reasonably hilly sections, and there always seems to be a guy on a penny farthing who does it- God knows how.

I commend it to you.

Latest posts

Back