And today I did......

DHder":7xdvaivc said:
Today I joined Retrobike after a few days reading through it.

Welcome dude ;)

Change of job this week for me, one of the shunters left so i said i'd do it, had to give up my unit but it means fixed sensible hours during the week (7am to 5pm), less money but lots more spare time, will still do a driving shift on a Friday, maybe the odd Sunday.

velomaniac":38iq1dnt said:
Welcome aboard DHder, what bike you got, if it reflects your sig then I'm sure Big Eck and Enid will be well pleased :LOL:

I have:

Retro: Claude butler Oracle (needs work, but runs)

Newish: 2004 BigHit downhill rig, fully ready for any downhill and an Orange patriot ST- frame only just now but I have wheels, bars, Ti BB and cranks ready.

Want to keep as light as I can as cheap as I can

To keep in the spirit of the of the thread:

After joining I done some road testing on the oracle, as I now know all thats wrong with it is surface rust.

After that went round to my ridings buddys and played on his home built backyard downhilll playground.

Ended the evening with a few beers and a flea-bay hunt for a good air shock and some 140mm (or there about) front forks

Today I tweaked my 1950's Rudge Roadster, rode it to and from work, decided I was not happy with tweaks and so tweaked some more, now happy I think :roll:

Next job prep a bike for GT or just ride the white lightnin or the GT :?

I realised that the 1983 peugeot P12 bike I got off the bay is yet again to small for me :?

56cm is to cramped- nice bike but I think it will have to be put up for sale, shame as it was pretty cool.

Gaz, measure the bike in your collection that fits then insist on getting the dimensions from the seller before buying and compare with your ideal. :roll:

For me this facts important as if its not Jumbo its not big enough :LOL:

velomaniac":3rrharbl said:
Gaz, measure the bike in your collection that fits then insist on getting the dimensions from the seller before buying and compare with your ideal. :roll:

For me this facts important as if its not Jumbo its not big enough :LOL:

don't have a road bike that fits so not an option velo :LOL:

today

Today I welcomed DHder ( hi again) in his intro thread.
Also passed my refresher in First Aid At Work. Thank f**k I've never been called to use it for real, finished early so fitted new cranks, bb and pedals to the wifes old raleigh highlander, and I never broke anything :shock:

:D Dave

went to post office ,collected goodies ,went home
unpacked goodies

started to fit goodies

is'nt bill oddie a moaning git ?
:LOL:

sorry ,nice blue machine tech wheel fitted to astars ,coool

went out for a hurl ,big dogs snagged his dew claw and is limping
vets tomorrow then ...

Back