And today I did......

Re:

Been a wee while since I’ve had anything meaningful to post other than take the piss out o Rob.

Yesterday did a 30mile local route on the breezer storm.

Mixed terrain, everything from rough single track, farm travks, mud and coastal path. Bike Handled it all brilliantly, although I have 650mm flat bars on it as last time I rode drop bars was when I was 14.

Got some Vitoria revolution tech tyres for it 2.0wide but fast rolling, managed to keep up with kenny on his Ragley gravel bike apart from on the climbs where my small 26 wheels and svelt body penalise me.

Wednesday starting back to office part time so will be commuting 11mile each way 2-3 times a week, actually looking forward to that.

Next spring thinking about getting a gravel bike but until then the breezer is my grab bike if I just want an hours burl.

Hope everyone well, who knows we might even get a meet up in the not so distant future.

Today I got the keys to my new workshop/unit where I’ll be selling bikes as a hobby this year with the intention of opening a shop up next year :D

Always fancied it but always shat out it lol so I bit the bullet and bought 60+ bikes and bulk bought inner/outer cables, brake blocks, bearings and most service parts, within a week I’ve sold most of them so I’m picking up 92 bikes tomorrow and fingers crossed I can get this off the ground and maybe even make some money doing what I enjoy

Re:

Sounds like a good plan mate :)
I am sure you will make a huge success out of it.
What sort of bikes are you selling?
Sounding like you are pretty enthused for it.
All the very best for it

Jamie

Re:

Well good Eck.

I've been working as a mechanic at the LBS through the lockdown.

Had some insight into the business of selling too.

So many newbie mobile mechanics popping up on facebook in town and yeah, bikes are flying out still.

Defo a good time to do it, I reckon winter won't slow things down too much this year.

➡️

Re:

Good luck in your new venture Big Eck, always an arse twitching moment setting out on your own.
Well all be queuing up for the "MacRetro Discount Scheme" ;) :LOL:

Re: Re:

Jamiedyer":3uox44k1 said:
Sounds like a good plan mate :)
I am sure you will make a huge success out of it.
What sort of bikes are you selling?
Sounding like you are pretty enthused for it.
All the very best for it

Jamie

Cheers man

I’ve bought a job lot of over 100 bso’s And been working my way through them as well as servicing and customising kids bikes. I’m selling 1 or 2 bikes a day which is handy. I’m hoping to be selling new bikes by summer next year but we’ve all got to start somewhere

Re: Re:

jimo746":2zcpt9j5 said:
Good luck in your new venture Big Eck, always an arse twitching moment setting out on your own.
Well all be queuing up for the "MacRetro Discount Scheme" ;) :LOL:

Yeah it’s scary taking the plunge but I’ve been doing 10/12hour days and clearing £300 a day with servicing and selling second hand bikes so I can’t complain. I’ll definitely let you guys on here know what retro goodies I come across :LOL:

Back