Re: Re:

clubby":tc3dbbpb said:
jimo746":tc3dbbpb said:
clubby":tc3dbbpb said:
Should have just bought a Camelback.

Camelback? On a road bike?? Heathen!!! :x

:LOL:

More aero, innit.

I see what you mean, same as motorbike racing leathers have the hump on the back?
If only I rode fast enough to actually benefit from the Aero gains :LOL:

Well today I got out on the id5 for an hour, went shopping built a cot bed, washed the car and bought bike bits off eBay.

Been a busy day

Almost accidentally bought a cool handheld pressure gauge made in Japan at the charity shop. Was a work of art and superbly built, complete with belt clip. The dial looked spot on PSI rating for MTB, road, track including black and red danger digits.

The engraving "Sphygmomanometer - Japan" confused me, so I left it. Glad I did. Every day a school day.

Crashed my single speed off road at walking pace. Something is up with me, I have no confidence mtb'ing anymore. It's like I need to start again and relearn everything!!!

Back to the drawing board :facepalm:

Re:

I’m feeling the same Velo. Between the wee man then the COVID situation I’ve done very little proper off road riding in the last 18 months. Up to a few weeks ago I hadn’t done any real mountain biking since the Pitmedden ride you were at. First ride up the Sidlaws saw me baulking at a ridge line I’ve been hitting for years. Getting better but still lacking commitment.
Don’t worry about it and just take things slowly.

velomaniac":qkp2nc7o said:
Crashed my single speed off road at walking pace. Something is up with me, I have no confidence mtb'ing anymore. It's like I need to start again and relearn everything!!!

Back to the drawing board :facepalm:
You're a better rider than me IMO so don't worry about it.

Re:

Been a wee while since I’ve had anything meaningful to post other than take the piss out o Rob.

Yesterday did a 30mile local route on the breezer storm.

Mixed terrain, everything from rough single track, farm travks, mud and coastal path. Bike Handled it all brilliantly, although I have 650mm flat bars on it as last time I rode drop bars was when I was 14.

Got some Vitoria revolution tech tyres for it 2.0wide but fast rolling, managed to keep up with kenny on his Ragley gravel bike apart from on the climbs where my small 26 wheels and svelt body penalise me.

Wednesday starting back to offie part time so will be commuting 11mile each way 2-3 times a week, actually looking forward to that.

Next spring thinking about getting a gravel bike but until then the breezer is my grab bike if I just want an hours burl.

Hope everyone well, who knows we might even get a meet up in the not so distant future.

Back