And today I did......

zigzag":28gtmjx0 said:
Mr Panda":28gtmjx0 said:
zigzag":28gtmjx0 said:
Anybody want some Specialized wall art? Weekend summary: Not a happy camper.

OOOOOh. Beans. Spill. Now.
The Stumpy frame now has a snapped bolt in one of the rear brake mounts.

I could be wrong but I think this is how Gazz got the frame from V, and he fixed it......I can see a blame pattern developing :LOL:

bummer ZZ :( The bolt was originally seized in with some natty modern v's attached, but did manage to get it out with a wd40 soak for a week and it was fine after that.

I did the same thing to my salsa stem bolt a few weekends ago and have been looking at these reverse scew things to get it out, believe halfrauds do one but have not been to get one yet, will lend it to you when I get round to it. These are but small things and are what make it "fun" :roll:

strange weekend seeing some fella bugger off with the prestige round drum after I spent so much time and effort putting her together (I did not even go offroad on her once????) Realise I love the project and the detail in some builds but kind of see that this is a pointless exercise so don't really know why I do it?

Getting a old stumpy next month and the M2 is hanging in the garage also, might do a low cost weight weenie SS build with it but still not sure...... The univega might bet the chop at some point.

Starting a dale thread to get my arse in gear too, is sooooooo pretty :D

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=98388

someone please help me!

zigzag":2zig5clj said:
Like the idea of weight and (to some extent) cost driving the build, rather than the usual aesthetics/period correctness. Of course I fully expect you to figure out a way to get it all in there :D

So I thought I'd fit the Maguras to the Stumpy this afternoon. Things were going well, started at the back and had one side nice and close, started on the other side and one moment of madness later, I'd cross threaded and then snapped the bolt clean off while trying to get it nice and tight :evil: I'm not a religious man, but I'm wondering if the Flying Spaghetti Monster in the sky is trying to tell me 'Fixie Up!' :?

Anybody want some Specialized wall art? Weekend summary: Not a happy camper.

bring the frame down to me and leave it for a couple of days and i'll get it out and sort the threads ;)

big.eck":7q94ymvg said:
bring the frame down to me and leave it for a couple of days and i'll get it out and sort the threads ;)
That'd be bloody magic Alex. I'll PM you and sort something out.

since i'm in here i'd better put some pic's of the wee ones retro-ish ride :D :D

IMG_0040-1.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

i bought the frame + forks for a tenner and have spent another 25-ish on it . it's getting a dx rear mech , i have the right atlus brake lever without the shifter so will fit it today maybe :LOL:

got a set of yellow koolstop pads / yellow stem/seat/cables and pedals still to fit too

zigzag":2xnetjmm said:
big.eck":2xnetjmm said:
That'd be bloody magic Alex. I'll PM you and sort something out.

nae bother ;) i'd help any of you guys out as you all well know :D

big.eck":3plcdc5w said:
since i'm in here i'd better put some pic's of the wee ones retro-ish ride :D :D

IMG_0040-1.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

i bought the frame + forks for a tenner and have spent another 25-ish on it . it's getting a dx rear mech , i have the right atlus brake lever without the shifter so will fit it today maybe :LOL:

got a set of yellow koolstop pads / yellow stem/seat/cables and pedals still to fit too

:D love the chain guide :D

yeah it's cool :LOL: she's always wanting a bike like mine :D

when this is done i'll be looking for another one for my 4yr old :roll: she quite likes the wee ones that look like motorbikes :shock: :LOL:

Back to work after a weekend of mixed fortunes. Spent a lovely day on Friday with the kids in thrunton and then over to the Lakes. Cracking ride in spring sunshine on saturday with good company. Sunday was back to winter weather and Pony hunting. Had a look at a few that were fit for glue at best but came home with 4 Rhode Island Red hens and 2 Cocks. One laid an egg on the way home and they havn't stopped since. Very tasty eggs too. As a glutton I'm fighting the temptation to eat the chickens too but it would break the kid's hearts.

Planted 7 bushes in the back door today, they're bliddy dear ah'l tell ye :eek: off to pack my bag. Going for a big day at Glentress tomorrow :D

Back