And today I did......

Re: Re:

well in there lads in the SSUK entries!

velomaniac":11ckfubv said:
I now have a rather splendid Proflex Animal frame in Red and Blue with Yellow decals circa 1996 or 97. It has a coil shock, original equipment it seems so no dodgy elastomer stacks.

and nice one on the proflex, I have a strata shock, which I've never used but think holds air if the coil doesn't work out

When I was young my first BMX racer was a coaster brake and it stopped fine in the heat of battle...........sometimes ;)

Jamie

Re: Re:

velomaniac":2kqk9r6c said:
Brian, do not use a coaster brake off road unless you are a mtb god....

Simpers modestly... :)

Yes, I've already had second thoughts. Mainly because I remembered my hub is actually a 2 speed auto, so if I turned up at the SSUK with that I'd be really popular.

Just to reassure you further. I did consider rod brakes too....

But drums it is. :)

Re:

Was hoping to get my Orange up & running for the Ballater ride on Sunday.... until the Gripshift curse struck :x

So in my 30 minute morning break today I swapped out the forks, headset and stem on the Scott, ran a new front brake cable, removed the mudguards, changed the tyres, cleaned & degreased the drive train, and still had time for coffee and toast! :LOL: phew!!

Test riding it tomorrow, should all be sweet for Sunday :D

London :D !
Tweed run tomorrow, so had a look around a few cycle shops - Condor, BLB , Lunch in Look mum no hands and then to the Brooks store to pick up the rider packs. Great day !

Back