And today I did......

it was next to this one chief

P1010329.jpg

VERY nice mikee...

Picked up Gazz's new bint tonight.

dsc2375.jpg

She's no lightweight, and she's pretty badly dressed.

stevaustin.jpg

dsc2376.jpg

Suntour XCM mechs & shifters, Dia Compe brakes. Sugino Bionic (they obviously had the technology) crankset. No name everything else. Tyres cracked, interesting cable routing at the front means brakes will be applied when you turn right :D

Frame's in good nick though, ditch the junk and a definite single speed candidate I think.

Also, new project:

dsc2388h.jpg

I'm thinking green bits 'n' bobs, chrome and white.

gazz's new burd looks fine , i did mention poverty spec build tho
has patina
was well worth 35 quid

sirrus pipedream , they were flavour of the month with the fops on
singletrack a wee while ago
so s/s rigid or ?

is it a tit frame ?
looks nice

Wish it was ti - frame is suprisingly light though. Going to go single speed & front sus - summer trail centre bike I think.

does look nice ZZ :cool: I reckon go geared and sus. You mentioned as much at Kirroughtree.

Relaced the 29er front wheel tonight, offsets a bit skewey but happy enough. Mibee fix it after a few rides. Not much to do to get it going. Fit the chain, cut the steerer and trim the hydro cables. They're braided hoses so I'll need to look into how to, could maybe get away with these running long for a while :roll: really want to get this rolling for next week.

Some nice bikes on here tonight :cool:

and also mine :LOL:

ss would be an option I suppose might just t-cut and hang the frame on the wall as it is rather fetching in it's current livery. Your right velo it is an illness, mind you the idrive might just be the answer for you.

All I did today was have a rather nice chicken curry and set up some magura brakes, pathetic really.

Thanks for picking up the lump of rock zz.

Nice bikes

Hi all
Have been busy lately so not on here much, but there seems a lot of buying going on :D and in mikee's case, bikes just appearing in the garden in pairs ;) I thought on the east coast bikes just disappeared from gardens :LOL:
Gaz, that Hardrock looks like a standard, apart from the stem, 89 model. I had one the same that I gave to Heathers uncle. I got it from an old guy in Wick who had owned it from new for £25, completely original with a rack and a carradice rack bag that matched my old carradice front and rear panniers. The bag would have cost me more than £20 to buy. Only problem was it was big, how big? bigger than a very, very big thing. I dont think even Velo would have been able to straddle it :roll:
I stripped it and cleaned it and gave it away, but it kept me busy for a few days and kept an old bike on the road and got someone riding :cool:
I may have one of the original stems in the shed somewhere if you want it, you can have it if I can find it.
Only riding has been road work and even then limited :roll: need to get some miles in as SSEC 2010 is only a fortnight away :D
Jamie

Latest posts

Back