all spot welded together and the BCD is unique to them
this adaptor enables other rings to be fitted
the other thing is the cranks are lighter than cooks cranks
so in the same way pace used to do these for stx to build a light weight
crank set i,ve done them for the alivio ,which imho are quite a nice looking
crank

course i could just mill up some suitable chainrings instead

hmmm

:cool: nice one, garden shed engineering at its best :) (even though I take it you did it at work). From an aethetic and weight related point of view could you blend the spider better?

yup
could also machine the crank arm

and i will some time soon
as your on a weenie build on a budget ,something i've done often
its bits like this that help
i'll get them weighed up tomorrow and let you know but they're 450g range
which is no heavy and cheap

WARNING

WARNING GUYS JUST WENT AND TRIED PAYPAL VIA MY FAVOURITES AND GOT A FAKE PAYPAL ASKING FOR N.I. NUMBER, ATM PIN, ETC ETC.

THE GRAMMER & ENGLISH WERENT QUITE RIGHT :?

I get fake emails every week from 'Paypal'. Asking to verify my account or add your bank details. I'm sick of scamming scum lately.

Sat watching the river again tonight. Enviroment Agency rang at tea time to tell us to leave our homes again. It's going to be another two years until they put up the new defences. Very stressful.

thats a really downer, I remember the shit storm last time it flooded Si- fingers crossed. The solution is simple, we all need to move somewhere hot and sunny, this wee island is getting on my tits- I demand some spring!! :evil:

Picked up my powdercoated Tufftrax frame and forks from Mr Williams in Falkirk (great colour match, so very happy) and drove to the frozen north through the frozen south, central and highlands.

Now sitting in an icy hotel room in Thurso listening to the wind howl, and contemplating crap ferry journey number x tomorrow, where x is a large number...

Hotel

You should of called/PM'ed beforehand and you could have had the spare room for the night. Would have been no good PM'ing me tonight as I have only just logged on (1.22am) :shock:
Remember for next time ;)
I dont envy you on the ferry in the morning. I can drop you off a survival suite if you want, or keep an eye out for you on Dunnett beach on the way through :LOL:
Just watched the Flying Scotsman on BBC1, magic!

Jamie

Snowy madness here in Midlothian, several inches deep and it keeps coming yet there's no snow in Edinburgh. I suspect the edinburgh employees of my work to be invertebrates (no backbone) as many have not showed yet those who live further afield are here at work :roll:

zigzag":gq3s45wa said:
Good stuff Steven, glad the frame is looking good. Looking forward to the pics...

Happy to oblige-

4479829860_f7aaff025b.jpg

(Bigger version here)

and also-

4479829864_bd635c8a79_o.jpg

I spoke to Mr Williams, and said "I know this guy who put a GT in to you to get beadblasted, and is now spending the rest of his life polishing it."

"Oh aye, if I'd known he wanted to do that I'd have told him to use chemicals!"

Seems like a good guy, and he made a great job of protecting threads.

My ferry was okay BTW, and thanks for the offer Jamie, most kind. I'll give you a shout next time I'm in Caithness and manage to spend some time there rather than the usual passing through at high speed. Yes, that would be in a car, not on my bike obviously, given the words 'high speed'.

Back