And today I did......

Hope you had a good time Hawmaw :)
Its what first bought me over from Aus back in 2001, to follow the last week of the tour back into Paris. To check the sights, bikes, women and beautiful weather.
Must have been a good couple of months as I only went home to get my TCR and head straight back. Its been a while now but still love the close access to these European races, with the exception I cant get f**kin tickets to the Glasgow Commonwealth games track meet. Can get tickets to the new French velodrome world cup meet easier. Of course you can tell I'm not bitter ;)

Jamie

Re:

:shock: :shock:
Thanks Clubby
That'll teach me not to whinge as it shows there always someone worse of than yourself. ;)
I applied for all the cycling, mtb and track sessions but missed out on them all, but clearly it could have been worse.

Jamie

Re:

Top day out on the road bike....mostly! I'd fitted some nice new Michelin's and latex tubes and had purchased(fashion be damned) a new seatpack and I was christening my new Lotto Belisol jersey. I'd a pass for most of the day and the last few months I'd been doing the Strava Gran Fondo challenge which is basically complete one 130km ride, with everything I've got going on just now this has fitted in quite nicely. So as I'd done pretty much the same route the last two times I wanted to try some new roads out, I always seem to ride the same roads and even head out the house the same direction everytime. A bit of investigation and map scouring had me a B road bonanza and it lived up to expectations, found some really nice rolling traffic free roads, couldn't have been better especially with the sun in the sky. The GPS had been switched to plot a breadcrumb trail which even let me just enjoy the moment rather than the constant calculations I seem to run throughm I was really enjoying myself.

The tide started turning just after the half way mark though with quite a knarky headwind for about 40k all the way up to the highest point of the ride, slogged away though and started the final descent only to get that sickening duntdoof as the front tyre snakebit on an unseen pothole, not the nicest thing when going down a fairly steep hill at speed!

This is when the 'ah dangit' moment 2 hit, no pump! Totally forgot about it, I even had a chain tool but had forgotten the bleedin pump :oops: , quick call to the broom wagon and pick up was arranged.
Anyhoo, it didn't dampen my mood too much, thoroughly enjoyed the day nonetheless.

I also got the first part of my Rooster build through as well, a rather lovely Chris King dreadset headset at a bargainiforus 61euro posted :D

Re:

Rule 31 ;)

Only joking, I love going against "The Rules". I'm just jealous I'm still waiting on my Canyon. Was due 2 weeks ago, then postponed until last week, still waiting on latest update.

Re: Re:

kaiser":ir2tasqg said:
quite a knarky headwind

Strong wasn't it . I only did 15 miles on the single speed but heading West along Dumbarton Rd , Clydebank I was having problems making progress. Felt like I was riding in sand. Was better on the way back

+1 on that headwind, took me by surprise last night. out for a bonus ride, a quick pre-worldcup semi 20 miler, grimaced most of the way.

hoping for calm on tonights 3hr tak-ma-doon / crow road ride

Re: Re:

kaiser":33tmllxa said:
I also got the first part of my Rooster build through as well, a rather lovely Chris King dreadset headset at a bargainiforus 61euro posted :D
Was that the probikeshop sale? I was a bit late to the party there, but got an orange one for mine for £48 since it was all they had left.

I live in a different world, £48 for a headset !, less than £48 for an entire bike is my route through the world. I like my Decathlon Triban Trail so much I bought another fixer upable example for £45 delivered. First ones set up us a 29er hybrid, this one will be more 29er mtb :LOL:

Back